EBAY ALERT! Watch out for this lot and seller

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Acclaimed, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

Oh man... there is not a big enough facepalm in the world for this... Trying to ruin an ebay sellers reputation over your error is just pathetic. Then after you get called out you start contradicting eveything you've just said... damn, you like, loose teh internet.

2. Acclaimed

Acclaimed Well-Known Member

I haven't contradicted a DAMN thing I have said.

3. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

I appreciate that you are being honest here, but you should also realize that most of us are very experienced in dealing with Transformers, whether it be buying or selling them. We are able to assess the condition of figures based on pictures and descriptions very well, and a thread like this just isn't appropriate for this forum here. It may be useful to people with absolutely no familiarity with the fandom whatsoever, but not to the hardcore collectors on this site. Just adding in my two cents.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I want to know who could look at those pictures he posted and NOT think the toys were in shit condition.

5. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too many people in this world can't take responsibility for their mistakes and admit they were wrong. It's just easier to continue to blame the other person, even when you've been called out for being wrong.

6. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know one at least. :p 

7. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

You create a thread named "EBAY ALERT! Watch out for this lot and seller", and then you get called out for being a lame-o and then you say, "geeeze guys, I wasnt complaining, or trying to make her look bad..." Yeah, I guess you're right, you haven't contradicted a DAMN thing you've said... :rolleyes2 

8. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    But you said "watch out for this seller" like she was a bad seller or something.

9. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Gotcha, I see that now. Sorry. Note to self: reread the entire item description next time.

10. Acclaimed

This is going to blanket everyones comments. I've been able to fix a lot of old stuff so I knew I wasn't getting mint. I have no idea why anyone would even assume that. But the sellers old pictures that I posted don't tell the full story that her new ones do in her relisting. I'm not blaming anybody. I don't think it's a blaming situation. I'm just saying the seller didn't let me in on anything but a sentence.

The auction I bought from said "I got these from an estate sale, I hope I didn't pay too much". That was the entire description. Now she has all kinds of details in the pictures. A close up of heads, the crack on primes back which I didn't know was there until I held the thing.

I'm not hardcore and never will be. This is casual to me. I appreciate all of your smart ass comments.

Travicon, before you put words in quotes be sure you actually use the words that were said. I didn't type the words "or trying to make her look bad..." That was your own created sentence.

11. Acclaimed

I'm not speaking for you, but this is what I don't like about nerds. They nit pick every minute detail and treat other people like shit that don't know what they know. That's great for the community and common decency. I'm thinking golden rule here.

I'm going to bed. I've wasted too much time here.

12. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    I would have been happy with those for $9!

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

/checks the address bar

/checks the website title

...where the hell do you think you are?!

The Golden Rule states thus - 'One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.'

You came in here speaking ill of a seller on eBay. Regardless of your intentions to 'inform' us that the buyer didn't/doesn't know what they are selling, you came off in a very blatantly negative manner. And yet, you did not take the time/make the effort to actually look at what you were buying and educate yourself where the buyer had not, thereby putting you in the exact same boat of not knowing what you were buying. And, that having been proven the case, the reaction was overwhelmingly negative, as your initial 'informative' post had been worded.

You came in being negative, and got negativity in return. You went in to that auction not educating yourself about what you were buying, so you bought from a seller who was not educated about what they were selling.

[​IMG]

Did I sum that up pretty well, gang?

14. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say so.

15. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Who you callin a nerd?

16. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

ok buddy, just for you, let me start over.

You start off saying:

"EBAY ALERT! Watch out for this lot and seller"

"They arrived and were all crap. Grimlocks TRex head was almost melted off. Prime was like a rag doll, Grapple was not bad, and Ramjet was like a wet tissue, flopped all over the place.

She didn't mention any damage and played the "I don't know what I'm selling" gimmick. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but when I asked for a refund she refused. I open and won a case against her and got my money back today."

"IF YOU SEE THESE TOYS ON EBAY PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!!"

Now, I've only got my G.E.D. but this sounds like complaining and trying to hurt her reputaion by advising people to "STAY AWAY!!!!"

Then you get blasted with people making you look like a fool, and so you come back with:

"Holy geez. All I was trying to do was show people that may come across this that it's worse than expected. Everybody thinks I'm looking for sympathy and they all say all this trash without knowing anything about the deal. I was just trying to give info. I didn't rip anybody off, I went through ebay, they sent me a shipping label, the lady got her stuff back and I got my money back. So hopefully somebody can go buy this stuff again and I won't have hurt the seller too much by just showing what they are selling because they have no idea."

and:

"You people jump my case because you think I'm complaining. All I thought I was doing was showing off what might be sold again and somebody gets it isn't exactly what they thought it would be."

So thats where im coming from when I say you are contradicting yourself. Make sence Mr. Innocent?

17. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I LOVE this thread.

It's pure comedy gold. Its like that thread, where somebody was badmouthing an online store about a super damaged MISB Universe Countdown (or something) then the store owner came on here and all the actual details came out and the OP got RAVAGED.

Its like that here. I quite like that although TFW is a community, we won't simply accept accusations and slander without doing a little digging first.

18. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

I would have beaming ear to ear for getting the whole thing for $9. Dammit

19. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    I think EBay Buyer is a pretty cool guy. eh, get back his 900 dollars and doesnt afraid of anything.

Seriously, that lot doesn't look TOO bad for $9 dollars. Like you said, Grapple seems to be in alright shape.

:lol  do you have a link to that? Is it even still up?

20. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nerds? Nitpicking? Speak for yourself, loser.

If anyone is nitpicking it's you, you nitpicked about the auction you won and you nitpicked Travicons post.

Remember, YOU started this and YOU continue to dig your grave deeper with every post you make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.