Ebay Advice (Star Trek Toys)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by TreKain, Apr 22, 2007.

1. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Im packing up for a move, and came across a box of stuff that I was gonna throw out. I dug through it and found a bag of Star Trek Micro Machines. I loved these things back in the day, but my collection is just TFs now. I checked an ebay and couldnt find a loose collection as big as this, but smaller ones have sold for as much as $150, so i'm gonna finally sell something on ebay.

So anyway I have these Micro Machines. My Question is should I break them up into lots? Is a collection of 50 of them gonna hurt, or am I better off breaking it up into smaller lots? There's 50 figures, and 42 stands. Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

Oh and also found these...anyone think its even worth the time to try and get rid them on Ebay (since im selling stuff anyway)?
    Tick Figures:
    [​IMG]

PokeCrap:
    [​IMG]

2. svenof9

svenof9 Member

Ebay:
    List the Star Trek Micromachines individually if I were you... as for the other stuff no idea!

I wonder why Galoob made the Stargazer bright yellow anyway... hmmm...

3. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

You definitely wanna break those micromachines up into lots. Big collections seemed to be a pretty hard sell anymore up there. I'd say the same for the Tick toys too - looking at most of the auctions, the individual figures don't seem to sell. The Pokemon toys, I dunno. Maybe sell the Pikachus in a small lot? and then the rest of the stuff individually?

Good luck!

4. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely break up the Star Trek MicroMachines. The Enterprise ships, especially the 3 nacelle one, should sell for a decent price alone. Try to list them all ending within a few minutes of each other and offer a multiple item shipping discount. That should bring in more bidders. It's too bad that you do not have Sisko's Bajoran Sailing Vessel of the Caretaker's Array. Those sell for up to $100.00 each. As for the Tick and Pokemon, no idea. Good luck.

5. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I think it represents the model in Picard's ready room rather than the actual ship, go figure.

I'm still mad at Galoob for the Micro Machine trek ships that weren't in the big box sets and were only available in super rare three-packs.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Galoob was excellent for putting together three-packs with only one ship most people actually wanted. Since I was grabbing the three-packs, the giant multi-packs (with one exclusive something available nowhere else) was pretty frustrating too.

Now I'm wondering what set I got my Enterprise E from. You've got a lot of stuff I don't, but I don't see the E.

7. TreKain

News Credits:
    E was a bonus figure in one of their big sets. I used to have it. I had Ent. A, E and a 2nd D somewhere that I cannot find.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I have 4 of those 3-packs of ships still MOC. The cards are crap, but they've never been opened. Maybe I should look into selling them. I like them, but if they can bring anywhere near what you guys are talking about, I should consider it.

9. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I have some of them loose.
    It was one of the big sets but I'm not sure which.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    If your Tick figures were actual action figures, I would've advised you to break them up into 2-3 figure lots.

But those type Tick figures aren't worth much even to diehard Tick fans. I got all mine in a $5 lot at a flea market. Sell them as a lot.

If you'll look on ebay right now, you'll see MOC (mint on card) sets of these very same figures being sold in lots for around $10. There's just not much demand for them.

As for the Star Trek collection--you've been given better advice from others here who know the value better than I. But also consider how long it's going to take you to sell that set if you sell them individually. I would do some research on ebay and on Trek collector forums and find out exactly which ones have a higher value, and then sell the rest in lots.

I had a fair-sized Star Wars Micro Machines collection (around 20 pieces) and sold it at a flea market to another collector for about $40. I had those pewter-looking SW vehicles too and they were a limited issue. But to avoid the hassle of trying to list them all on ebay, I opted for a quick sale to get rid of them since I didn't want them anymore.

11. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a Huge bunch of those lying in a bag in my closet that I don't care about. How much do they sell for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $100 each????

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Man, I sold a bunch of those Star Trek micro machines on ebay a while back, they were MISB and I hardly got crap for them .:( 

13. TreKain

News Credits:
    Thats my only problem with Ebay right now...its all luck. In researching this...ive seen the same single figure sell for $3 one week and $15 the next.

The other thing is these japanese micros are flooding ebay too. Ive seen them at the local import store...apparently they use the same molds (and some new ones) with better paintjobs, and nicer stands

Thats the plan. Im not gonna do 50 separate auctions when there are figures that sell for less than a buck. But I have in mind which are the rarer pieces that I will sell separately.

14. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Yeah, don't go overboard trying to break these up. The few extra bucks you get will get eaten up by fees and your time and effort. Not to mention that unless you have a way to ship these individually for cheap, S&H will kill you. Who wants to pay $5 S&H for something only worth $5 to begin with.

Research if any of those are really highly valued. Maybe do those individually if they consistantly bring $10+. After that, break them up into groups: Perhaps one group for the Pewters, one for the Classic series stuff, and maybe break the rest up by Federation & Alien. That should net you a fair price without doing a ton of work.

15. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Yeah, don't go overboard trying to break these up. The few extra bucks you get will get eaten up by fees and your time and effort. Not to mention that unless you have a way to ship these individually for cheap, S&H will kill you. Who wants to pay $5 S&H for something only worth $5 to begin with?

Research if any of those are really highly valued. Maybe do those individually if they consistantly bring $10+. After that, break them up into groups: Perhaps one group for the Pewters, one for the Classic series stuff, and maybe break the rest up by Federation & Alien. That should net you a fair price without doing a ton of work.