Ebay advice sought

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by centurian, Feb 23, 2006.

1. centurian

centurian Recovering Energon Abuser

Just wanted to pick peoples brains with an ebay problem I've got:

I bid and paid for an item late last year - after the auction I specifically requested recorded delivery (signed for post + insured) as the shipping method. The item itself cost £15 - the guy charged £6 for the delivery (a bit steep for a boxed Starscream).
    Anyway - the item was never delivered - which the seller never disputed as it was a signed for parcel, but it's taken nearly 3 months to get a partial refund out of the guy - he refunded just the £15 through paypal - leaving just over £14 after paypal costs.
    He claims that he fulfilled his end of the deal so wont refund any more. But I'm left nearly £7 out of pocket with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Any suggestions of what to do next?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If you can still leave feedback, leave him the worst possible feedback you can. Also, name and shame him; as a UK eBay user myself, I wouldn't want to deal with a shithead like that and I don't think anyone else would either.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Is there a parcel number? I find that Royal mail are getting worse every year. I'm glad they got that humungous fine.

The not recieving an item isn't his fault, but him not refunding you is. Leave crappy feedback.

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Wait, did you file a PayPal claim for the refund, or make a mutual agreement with him outside of paypal/eBay?

If you made a claim, why not make it for the full amount? They can refund EVERYTHING including the fee that was charged to his account when the money was sent, should the claim go through.

If you made some agreement with him, then you're stuck with his terms, which don't sound credible, and I doubt you'll see any more refund. If this is the case, I'd still file a claim for the amount you haven't been paid.

Keep in mind if he hasn't left a neg. and you drop one first, you can probably expect retaliation from him.