Ebay Advice needed

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rattrap, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, long story short, I bought some items off ebay(KOs from China) from the same seller. So, it took me about a week to get the funds together for the payment, but over this time, the seller became a none registered user, but his last like 7 or 8 feedbacks were all positive, and within the last week or 2. Now, my question is, should I send the payment, or just not take my chances, because I dont think Im covered under ebays protection if the seller isnt registered anymore, and I dont think he can leave a neg either if I wouldnt send the stuff. My instinct tells me no, but I figured Id see if I was still under protection of Ebay if I would send the payment, and if I wouldnt, I couldnt be hit with a neg. Oh, and I am still in contact with the seller, he is responding to my emails. I dont feel like gettin burned again, especially when I have more important things to use that money for. Also, for those of you who skim the posts, and may have missed this part I HAVE NOT SENT THE MONEY YET :) . Thanks for your advice! :) 

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Follow your initial instincts and don't send the money. Just as you're no longer under any contractual obligation to send the money, the seller is no longer obligated to ship your item. If it's just KO's you can probably find them again on eBay and hopefully from a seller who won't disappear on you the next day.

3. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Right, don't send the money. He could just as easily run off with your money now, with no repercussions.

He can't neg you now anyway.

4. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    It could be an account issue where he hasn't paid eBay for their fees....normally they reactivate your account after you pay, I see this with Asian sellers often - could just be that.
    If eBay reactivates his account he COULD leave you a neg. for non payment.
    It could go either way I guess, its definetly risky whichever way you decide to go.
    Good luck.

5. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    if you really want to cover yourself, i'd contact ebay and ask them about this... either tell the rep on the phone to make note of your situation or email them.. just not sure how long it will take ebay to get back to you via email.

This way, if you decide to not pay, and the seller comes back and negs you, then you can bring it up with ebay and have them remove it...

this is assuming that ebay tells you that not completing a transaction with an unregistered user is OK.

If the seller flakes out payment per TheTransTorture, who's to say they won't flake out delivering your stuff? Sure.. they have some positives right now.. but how many different ebay auctions were completed and paid for before they decided to unregister?

You said you bought itemS.. plural.. i'm going to assume thats multiple auctions.. and you're just one guy.. how many others may have bought stuff right before he unregistered?

You could also email the seller and hopes he can reply.. and tell him you noticed he's unregistered and won't be paying him until he's re-registered.. so that you're protected...

not sure how good ebay protections are..

6. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good point. Im guessing that could be it, he mentioned he was having problems with Ebay, but would have them fixed shortly. Should I mention to him my concerns, and tell him that I dont want to send the payment to a non registered user?

7. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    For wht its worth, I had the same thing happen to me, only the seller contactd everyone whom he dealt with and told them the situation. I still sent my payment, and got my item.

If I were in your shoes, I would contact the seller and tell him you will send payment as soon as his account is reactivated.

8. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Same thing happened to me after I sent payment for a figure. The seller was no longer registered, and I just sent him an email about what happened, and he explained that ebay had suspended his account for listening some kind of new Power Figures that weren't yet allowed for sale on ebay (UK)... weird but he was honest and I got my figure :) 

My advice, contact the seller and tell him you'd first send payment when his account is registered again.

9. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Negative feedback you can dispute isn't a big deal.

Getting ripped off is. Don't pay them.