EB/Gamestop fun fact

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by geerave, Sep 10, 2007.

1. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

All of the Regional, District, and Store managers for Gamestop/EB games, are in Las Vegas for the week. the company is more or less being run by the ast. managers. this would be a good time to mess with them and go complain that your Gamecube wont play VHS, or something!

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

You're horrible.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're amazing.

4. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Does Gamestop even need Managers? It's just a pawn shop.

5. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gamestop has managers?

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh I have plenty of fun facts about Gamestop and EB, since i worked for both for a total of 4 years.

They don't have security cameras, but they like to make you think they do.

The managers and employees constantly have their jobs threatened unless they sell a certain number of particular items. Some things change, somethings are always required, like preorders and such. I had a manager that was really great with everyone get fired because the store didn't sell enough GameInformer magazine subscriptions, even though overall sales were great.

They have no problem with having new stolen goods traded in. Most stores have thieves who will come in with a stack of the same DVD, that was released yesterday, still sealed, and give the person credit. It's good for preowned sales, which are also always watched by upper magagement and used to get rid of people who don't lick said managements butts enough.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yup, whenever they offer you the Magazine and membership card, if you don't buy it, the DM ends up chewing them out for not trying harder. I left the company right before they implemented the Game warranty, where you pay like a buck or something like that and they give you a wanranty on a game. Hardly anyone bought it and people were constantly being harassed by the DM for that. It's like "dude, think about what you're selling.. most gamers take care of their games"

8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    They told me my gamecube couldnt play vhs and that I need a vhs player. So much for the customer being right. :D 

9. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Who buys a warranty for a game? Honestly, people. I could maybe, maybe see it back in the blow-on-the-cartridge days, but a CD/DVD is pretty much going to work unless you mistake it for your foot and attack it with a fucking pumice stone.

10. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

The fact that they trade in and sell games, no matter if they have manuals or cases and charge the SAME price if it's mint or it's just a disc makes me sick. I go out of my way to take good care of my stuff, and you are telling me if I trade in a mint game, the guy next to me who only has a disk is getting the same credit? Forget it.

11. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Yeah What really stank was when Gamestop Bought EB....When EB was going out of business....and then turned the company into EB...YEAH that was a great idea. And then replace the automatic 90 day warranty with a warranty you have to PAY for.

But yeah DM's are the worst, Geerave the guy who started this thread had a DM who was a terror, would write him up for a game being ONE SPACE over from where it SHOULD be.

12. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Add that to the amount they give you and then turn around and sell them. They often take games for $17 trade-in and sell them for $54.99. Rediculous markup.

13. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Actually some do. The EB Big Nine Manages has them. It's a former Planet Games location in MN and all of those stores have them. Also the New stores in Mall of America do so they might be putting them in new stores.

14. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Take a car off the lot. Then turn around and try to resell it.

15. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Granted- especially the higher profile ones. Still, chances are they don't, but they make you think they do.

16. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

Here is a simple fact for you summed up as a single word Monopoly. EB was about 5 times the size of gamestop, and tried to buy them out a few years ago. Only to be told that it would create a monopoly. But then one year later gamestop bought eb and the goverment said okay.

Which makes gamestop the defacto standard video game store. wether you stop there or not they sell more games that walmart and best buy combined.

With that being said if you are a monoploy why give much for the games? When EB was EB a new $50 game would trade in for $30 to $35 for the first couple weeks. Not much but still good. Now it with gamestop they trade in for $25 to $20. A large drop. But the price on the used games have been dropping slower as well.

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    After numerous incidences of being ripped off and getting severely lowballed on selling used games to them, I'm never going back to one of those stores. Overpriced pawnshop indeed.

You can buy for less and sell for more on ebay.

18. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

The stores keep popping up EVERYWHERE. There's 3 on one road within 2 miles of each other, 2 of which are across the street from each other! I have, probably 12 within a 15-20 mile radius of my house.

19. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    The one thing that gives me hope is Best Buy is considering opening a store within a store concept that will be a EB type games store. Hopefully some competition will help

20. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Gamestop announced today that
    A) they will be moving to market less to the "Hard-core" clientelle and more towards the casual gamer .... As anyone who goes in there knows that place hasn't been for anyone BUT the casual gamer for the last 5 years.
    B) will fire anyone on the spot who has so much as TOUCHED the sealing tape on the Halo 3 boxes....Threatening all your employees, just another day at Gamestop.