Eating

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by power3921, Oct 21, 2010.

1. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

A random question caused by Tfwiki, when have transformers, generaly beast mode in the exaples ive seen, eaten lining thing, like other Transformers, alians, or human? Two examples ive seen fron Tfwiki are the Dinobots, along with Weirdwolf and Headstrong, eating Cybertronians in g2 issue 10, and Grotusqe and Doublecross eating Sunstreaker clones in Maximum Dinobots issue 3. Related to that, were they just eating drones, or headmasters two, in which case that would be the only time i know of of a human being eaten by a transformer.

2. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Dinobot cannibalized his clone in Double Dinobot. Rampage also allegedly cannibalized everyone (except for Depthcharge) on some place called "star base rugby"

Wow... Rampage didn't even have cannibalism on Dinobot. Dinobot > All.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

In Beast Wars, a few of the charcaters ate living beings, Tarantulas being the most notable. IIRC he was seen devouring a rat at one point (not Rattrap!).

4. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    BW Terrorsaur ate a bald eagle while both were in flight.

In the G1 Comics, Sludge ate plant life in a swamp when circuitry was on the fritz. According to the comic, he had internal lasers that burned the food up and it didn't provide him with any nourishment.

5. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
  6. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well i'd guess they have some internal processed to break up the mass of what they have eaten. It maybe not give them energon or sustenance but breaks them up.

7. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I think that depends on the continuity. In Beast Wars, Rhinox was infected with a virus that caused him to sneeze out his energon. He ate bean vines while in beast mode to delay him running out of power. It apparently worked and led to "the most humiliating defeat" in BW Megatron's career since bean vines are "hard to digest".

8. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Beasts Wars would be a special case, since they were trying to replicate local life forms as close as possible for protection from the harmful environment.
    Where as say Grimlock or the Predacons are just built to look like those animals.
    Razorclaw would be more concerned about having sharp claws and being able to move like a lion, than replicating the lions biological makeup to protect himself from radiation.

So I guess the more "organic" they get the more feasible and idea it is that they can eat.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The Dinobots, and other mechanical animal transformers, may not be actually eating the things they tear up. That is to say, they may be chewing, but not swallowing. Unless there's a reason for them to ingest this stuff (maybe they have a rudimentary digestive system like unicron, a repair system that can take in extra mass from outside, or maybe they use it to fuel their flamethrowers) it could just be a leftover instinct from their dinosaur sides.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I remember he even said something like how he doesn't get nourishment, just entertainment and sadistic satisfaction.

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I remembered Data from STNG saying something about why he consumes food. Since he is an "android" I would assume it be the same reason why a Transformer would eat.
    I wish I could remember what he said, but it made a lot of sense.

12. Blot

Blot Terrorcon

In the G1 cartoon the Insecticons ate crops and trees and stuff. I think they could convert it to energon so it was nourishing for them.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I guess if they had to, or wanted to, animal TFs could eat food and convert it into energy like real animals. As stated, to suplement his lack of energon, Rhinox ate beans, which worked. For Beast Warriors food probably served to sustain their beast modes, likewise in Beast Machines. Dinobot ate his own clone, probably just 'cuz he wanted to, but he could. Even Rattrap ate a pear or apple thing. Like the Autobots were were fully functioning cars, the Beast Warriors' alt modes were functioning animals.

14. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

my theory is that transformers ( or atleast the movieverse ones ) are consisting of milliards of Nanobots that are similar to cells that organic creatures have. There are different kinds of those nanocells some are responsilbe for their molecular structure, some for their organs, eyes etc. just like cells. Maybe their cells are rebuild due eating various minerals, rocks or artifacial Food based on Nanotechnology, maybe there are even cybertronian animals which are eaten by transformers, though that would be strange to imagine. But have you ever seen that video: where robotic lifeforms exist ?? Thats how i imagine a cybertronian wildlife ( from 0:00 to 0:25 )

thats the way organism work, and transformers are organsims, they are robot organisms. I also think that transformers are should to eat organic beings, would be cool to see a decepticon that eats a human. But eating something organic doesnt benefits them. So they can refuel themselves.

But the biggest problem is their spark. Without energon which powers their spark, transformers die at some point of time. They may can survive a long time without energon. maybe they can delay it when they deactivate themselves similar to Jetfire.
    And transformers have a spark which is a mighty construct, created by the allspark. The Spark of every transformer needs energon from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  15. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Didn't Bulkhead eat something from Burger Bot in Animated?

16. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Here's the question guys.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

From what I remember he said he ate food to join in with the human experience.

He also said he often injesated a lubricating liquid to help his internal systems.

18. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

The other stuff is fine too.

19. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

By Scott, I think I've got it!

Before the war began, Cybertron was abundant with Transformers who, instead of robot modes, had robotic animal modes. These were, for the most part, eaten by the robots with humanoid modes. When the war broke out, the population of animal-bots began to dwindle. This caused much uproar and eventually led to the discovery of Energon. However, there were still many animal-bot faithfuls. Enraged by the stupidity of their fellow Transformers, two friends, Soundwave and Blaster, joined forces to save as many of the animal-bots as possible, and raise them as their own. When their bot farm was ravaged by troops, Soundwave and Blaster were forced to grab as many of their animal friends as they could, and were torn away from each other. In the following years, they both enlisted in opposing armies. From then on, Soundwave and Blaster weaponized their respective animal-bot partners, and became rivals. (Frenzy, Rumble, Eject and Rewind are Cybertronian midgets.)

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    ^:lol 

Yeah, but it was all in a virtual world.

Though he eats a squashed drum of oil every single epsiode, in the opening.