Minor/Repaint: Easy mod for Sideways...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by closetrat, Dec 2, 2009.

1. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never really intended to pick this guy up (waddid he have, like 3 minutes of screentime?), but saw him at Target on sale & figured "what the hay...".

Overall, a great little figure - nice complex transformation & a decent brawler of a bot when it's all said & done. That being said, his hands didn't really feel threatening enough to me with those "mittens" he was sporting...

You know what I'm talkin' about...
    [​IMG]

Here's how to fix it.

To do this mod, I used 4 tools:

From the Stanley 66-052 Screwdriver kit...
    [​IMG]
    - #1 Phillips Screwdriver
    - #0 Phillips Screwdriver

Plus...
    - Sandvik 225 Hacksaw
    [​IMG]

- Standard Nail File
    [​IMG]

Since I was using a hacksaw to make these cuts, I started with removing all 4 of the screws on the Saw-Arm & took off the wheel to give myself as much room as possible. From there, I carefully laid the blade of the saw b/w each finger, slowly pulling the blade to me for roughly 10 strokes or so (the plastic was so soft, it only takes a few...). Then, I used the nail file to widen the gap carefully & precisely. (As you can see, I also used this opportunity to paint the details with a silver sharpie, but this was purely optional...)

I then re-assembled the arm & removed all 3 screws from the Tire-Arm & found that it came apart in 3 pieces (the attached arm, the 2nd panel, & the fingers). This made it both easier & harder to saw b/w the fingers as my thumb was about a centimeter from the saw at all times! Again, I painted details (optional...) & re-assembled the arm.

Roughly 10 minutes of time from start to finish, but a great improvement overall!
    [​IMG]

"I'm too sexy for this LP...":D 
    [​IMG]

*Careful when cutting the fingers on the Wheel-Arm, it gets REALLY thin the closer you get to the palm*:eek: 

Attached Files:

2. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    A hacksaw? kinda large for a deluxe... but I guess it still works.

3. Autobot-X1

Autobot-X1 Mentaly Hilarious

Ebay:
    nice! :thumbs2: 
    I love the order in which you show the tools... the huge hacksaw, then the tiny nail file. But hey, if it works right...

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Your tools made me think of Dethklok's Mermaider.

You'll need your
    screwdriver, CHECK!
    hacksaw, CHECK!
    nail file, CHECK!
    Sideways, CHECK!