Easy & Cheap Way To Watch Any Region TF DVDs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimist_Prime, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Although Hasbro has bought the entire Generation 1 saga and more from TV Loonland, it will probably be along while until we see a release from them.

Your options were get the Chinese region free set and try to deal with the Mandarin menus, or pay up the @$$ for a complete Rhino set.

There is a third option, and that is a DVD player hack. Click here to see if your player can be hacked. I'd like to thank Ryan Yzquierdo for the bulk of this information.

If your player can't be hacked, there is an awesom player on sale at target right now. The Philips DVP5140 is on sale for $39.99 and can be hacked in less than 5 minutes (seriously, it took me about two and a half).

I currenty have this player and and the Madman G1 box set, Region 4 DVDs. I use this hack and I love being able to relive the original and best. Get you're players, disk sets, and ROLL FOR IT!!!

2. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    yea i have to say that a multi region dvd player is a must buy if your planning on watching some or the series availible.
    G1 is really the only series which can be found in complete form in nearly all regions otherwise the main series sets are split between the UK(RID,jap G1,Beast Machines), US(Armada,Cybertron,Beast wars,beast machines) and Aus(jap G1,Beast Wars, Beast machines, Armada). As you can see everyone is missing a series or 2 from their own region.
    If your pc has a dvd drive there are free software dvd players out there that can bypass the lockout builtin to most dvd drives. There is also a way to hack the firmware of most dvd drives to allow for multiregion playback by changing the drives firmware from rcp-2(region locked) to rcp-1(multiregion). Google is your best bet for more info on these hacks.

3. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Yep multi-region DVD player is the way to go

4. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    [BW Megatron] Yessss! [/BW Megatron]

I just finished checking for my DVD player on that site. It's listed!! Now I can order the English sets with no worry's.

5. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Great (and helpful) info here, bro. I did this a few years back on an old Cyberhome DVD player for my Buffy Season 6 PAL set. Since then, I've done these hacks for my mom's DVD player, my nephew's, and my portable DVD player. Now I watch my Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory DVD sets with ease.

On a side note, I took a Memorex Dual Layer DVD recorder (external/usb) and switched the region over to Region 2 so I can enjoy 'em all on my laptop as well.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there drivers or something you can download to watch region free dvds on your computer?

7. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I think VLC Player allows you to watch any region DVDs.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good information thread, thanks!

9. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Thanks for the info.

VLC Player allows you to watch any region DVD.

10. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I bought a really cheap DVD player so I can make it region free to watch Headmasters/masterforce/victory. It's a good way to go.