Easily stressed C-joints?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Buster_Witwicky, May 8, 2011.

1. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

I've had a few troubles with my Preview Pack Optimus.
    First, his left hand broke. I didn't put anything in his hand other than the pack-in rifles. It wasn't too much of a problem, figured it was just a fluke and decided I would get some crazy glue later on. Then I looked at his other hand, and sure enough there were stress marks, this time on both his thumb and fingers.
    Today I was playing around with him and Cyberverse Sentinel, getting them into some dramatic poses. I took off Optimus's jetpack and found a piece of a C-joint had broken off, the one that holds the jets in truck mode. It still holds, but it's very loose.

Has anyone else experienced this, or was I just unlucky? I'm loving Cyberverse so far, Sentinel is practically a mini leader class and the packaging is awesomely collector-friendly, but I'm not gonna be buying crazy glue every time I get a figure.

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find those joints to be weak no matter what line they are in. PCC Mudslinger had terrible joints.

3. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Hm. Guess I might limit myself to deluxes and the odd voyager. I really don't want to deal with broken hands.

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    No problems with mine so far. He's held together surprisingly well, for his size class.

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Wait. Scratch that... stress mark on the right hands thumb. Stress mark on the left hand fingers.
    Beware.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Makes me even more glad I passed on the ones I saw last night. Maybe the half open hand idea was just not quite as good as it seemed on paper.