Easiest passes of 2016 so far

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dgold93, Aug 19, 2016.

1. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Icymi fakebusker has a galvy crown on shapeways that I am stoked for. It helps immensely

2. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Titans Return Leaders and Voyagers - I've been tempted to buy Sentinel, Astrotrain and Galvatron but they appear to be subpar. Hopefully Octane and Blitzing buck the trend.

RID - I've skipped the majority of the line but l did pick up Quillfire and Fracture which are okay. I'll get Scorponok, Bisk, Paralon and maybe Starscream before I call it quits.

MP Bumblebee - overpriced for a Hasbro release and I already have the Takara version.

3. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    - Titans Return Leaders: Too big to display and I own better representations of the characters.

- Legends Stripe: Looks awful and I have no attachment to the character.

- Nearly all of RID: Don't watch the show and the toys look terrible. I picked up Quillfire and kind of regret it.

4. GitGudGabe

GitGudGabe v e h i c o n

News Credits:
    ALL RID autobots. The cons have cool designs and are the funnest part of the show. Fracture and starscream are personal favorites, can't wait for quillfire! Also, titans return stripes

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any of the basic Titans Return figures. Have no interest in a headmaster without a body.

6. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right now, for me, it's Titans Return Laserbeak, Rumble, and Ravage. Not that they're bad toys (I like Buzzsaw, Rewind, and Stripes), but my "Generations" shelf is satisfied with the Masterpiece versions there of.

7. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Only MP Bee and only because I already have the Takara. I've bought all of the Titans Return stuff I've found (only missing the leaders and titanmasters wave 1).

Oh yea, haven't really bothered with the RID stuff.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  8. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

I too will add to the MP Beast Wars releases. Despite not even being out yet these are all easy passes. Just like Star Saber, I have no real attachment to any of those characters to pony up MP prices.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    There's a lot I leave on the shelves, but the ones I had absolutely no temptation by (aside from the 1 and 3 step stuff for the kiddies of course) were the combiner and headmaster releases of characters that didn't have the gimmick to begin with. I get why they released them and more power to those that like them but I guess I'm still about of a purist when it comes to the basis of characters.

10. OctaneNotTankor

OctaneNotTankor The Airplane God

Any Optimus, Megatron, or Bumblebee toy at this point. I conceptually like that they are doing Powermaster Prime as part of Titans Return, though.
    Nope, I'd say that almost literally everything there is is a pass this year.

Can I quote this in my signature?

11. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy pass?

RID, Beast MPs....

The rest weren't easy per we but the right call for me. That being TR PM Prime, Soundwave, Sentinel, Hasbro Bee (have TT), last 2 Coneheads, Diaclone MPs, some of the platinum sets, G2 Combiners sets, Computron.

What else was there that wasn't TR?

12. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TR Stripes /Thread, Mic Drop LOL

13. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're missing out. They add so much in terms of play and setting scenes.

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    So far any and every character that I have a better representation of. Jetfire, Seekers, Scourge. Blurr, however, will be bought and my old Blurr will be rechristened Chromia

15. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

Easiest pass was that godawful TR Buzzsaw.

Less easy were the two TR voyagers I've seen, Galvatron and whatever that citrus-color abomination is supposed to be. Not because there's anything I like about the figures, but because I feel like there should be some reason to want them and I can't find any, which makes me sad. These are the first voyagers in a long time where I just couldn't bring myself to like them in any way. Total waste of space.

I've passed Skullcruncher a couple times. I like the fig, but I know it'll be ridiculously hollow and I love my Swamper. I might break down if I see it on sale.

16. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    Stripes and that ugly Nightbeat head. What were they thinking?!

I almost passed on the TR headmasters who were not originally headmasters. Then I thought, don't be a silly billy, you don't have to transform the heads (my figures just sit on shelves in robot mode looking pretty).

17. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

TR Powermaster Optimus Prime.

18. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Was thinking of putting generations Chromia's head on animated blurrs body but dont know if its worth the trouble

19. CyborgimusPrime

CyborgimusPrime Well-Known Member

This year I'm passing on anything outside of Generations, not even going to give into RID Starscream. I usually pass on most everything else anyway with a few exceptions. Even then I'm still passing only 99% of the Titanmasters...just a waste of money, they are pointless. I'm also passing on Sentinel Prime, he has not one, but two awful alt modes, stupid feet in robot mode, and an awful color scheme. I was looking forward to PM Prime, but after seeing him in person, it looks like he is a pass too. As far as what is coming, I will be passing on almost everything larger than a deluxe. Fort Max is an easy pass, big pricetag and a "robot lying down" alt mode.

It looks like this is going to be a slow year for collecting compared to the last 3 years.

20. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    -CW Craputron, Victorian and G2 representations. No interest whatsoever.
    -CW Wave 6, minus Hound. No need for these.
    -TR Safety-vest Prime. Gads that orange...
    -98% of NuRiD, though I do want warriors Paradon and Starscream. The rest can rot.
    -TR Autobots from now on. Just sticking with Decepticons, me thinks.
    -TR characters that, unless the gimmick can be hobbled, weren't originally Headmasters.
    -MP Delta Magnus, because I have no connection to the character. It's pretty, but not enough to pay a premium for. Same with the Coneheads. The prices are silly for a mold I don't really enjoy.
    -TR PM OP. I didn't like Magnus that much, so I don't really want a retool of it of a character I never liked.
    -TR Soundwave, because I have the MP version.
    -Pretty much 98% of Takara stuff, because Hasbro retail versions exist. Added blobs of paint for twice the price don't interest me since I know how to paint. I did buy Takara Galvatron and have Takara Mindwipe on pre-order because I like the plastic colors (and the character). Aside from those, I have no need to import more.
    -TR voyagers Optimus and Megatron. Neither are appealing to me.