Easiest passes of 2016 so far

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dgold93, Aug 19, 2016.

1. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

Pretty simple, what figures released this year have you left to warm the shelves of your favorite stores (or online retail warehouses)?

For me so far it's been Hasbro MP Bumblebee, priced way too high in my opinion and overall just meh, never got into Bee's MP incarnation.

I've passed on the entire TR line so far but that's only because I'm collecting MPs right now, so I won't count that (and I may revisit them eventually).

*Edit* Anything NuRID is an auto-pass for me as well.

2. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

Pretty much all of it

3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Nothing easy about it. I am freaking loving Titans Return.

Unfortunately.... like always in my life : when I have loads of cash to burn on toys, there are few or none that interest me. But now that there are tons of toys that interest me...I'm a bit short on cash.

4. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    All the TR beast cassettes. Any diaclone MP's. Titan Masters.

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I agree. MP Bee is too expensive at TRU. I can't justify that price for a 6" figure.

I'm skipping the dataslugs from Titan's returns as well as Soundwave and Sentinel. They look like nice toys but I've reached saturation.

6. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have the Tak version of BB. Well, the RID crap I will be skipping. I can't stand that shit. Power Master Optimus, yawn. Mostly the deluxe for here on out.

7. dgold93

dgold93 Rainmaker

Good point. That whole line is a pass for me. I'll edit that in the original post.

8. Negronicus

Negronicus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a lover and buyer of Decepticons, this year has been disappointing. I wanted to pick up skullsmasher sooo badly, and then the multiple of qc issues and problems everyone spoke about on the board scared me away. I bought galvatron....but I wasnt impressed, I plan on returning him. Plus as much as I love Soundwave and Blaster, the molds dont look all that appealing to me. That being said, I am excited by the new decepticons coming in wave two of titans return, wolfwire and mindwipe. Mindwipe looks especially awesome! On the Robots in Disguise front, I was overjoyed by the appearance of Starscream. The animated influence is obvious, and I was even more blown away when i had him in hand. His transformation is very fun and fresh, and hes solid in both modes. Despite his jet form he doesnt suffer from being hollow like most of his rid brethren. The Paralon/Scorponok mood from rid is excellent, featuring what is easily the "best" official scorpion alt mode.

9. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Obviously, RID/Adventure, except for the TT windblade, as I never got the TT Legends figure (and as I have the Slipstream remold and know about the problems with that mold, plus the crazy prices she is going for on the Japanese secondary market).

Although I despise the non-headmaster headmasters, I am probably going to buy them in TR, as I will be waiting for a third party solution and/or mod them myself to fix them.

I will buy some of the minifig/vehicle/weapon sets, but not Nightbeat and a few of the others that have silly, unrelated vehicles, as I can get the same heads with the takara versions. I will get crashbash (as the jaws match the dinisaur), Apeface (because the vehicle IS the figure) and Flywheels (same reason).

10. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Mostly the final stuff of Combiner Wars. All the repainted autobots.

11. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Like usual I skip Rid but I might get wingblade because I missed the original and I heard this new one is better.

For TR most legends, especially the cassette guys but Rewind. My Chromedome needs his spouse. I think I'm going to skip a lot of the leader class stuff too. Sixshot is the only must have.

12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

The only Transformer I haven't passed in at least 5 years is the little combiner Shockwave. Only others that slightly tempted me were some of the combiner Combativons but still passed. So basically, the entire Hasbro line of Teansformers are easy passes to me.

13. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Pinpoint Doodle User#3

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Hasbro Computron and Liokaiser, didn't like the aesthetic of them.

Takara Bruticus, I didn't like the amount of blue on Onslaught, Blast-Off looked way to bright, Brawl with the weird color scheme on his head, Swindle and Vortex were okay. I would've bought them seperate had I not have already gotten Hasbro's.

First wave of TR. I'm starting to slowly finish my main collection. I might get Blurr in the future but I don't need the rest.

Nu-RID. Starscream has been the only one that's interested me within this line enough to make me want him.

Last wave of CW minus Sky Lynx (I'm not even sure if I'll get him or not). Too much opportunities, too little paint.

Yeah, that's the list. I am considering other figures this year, but these were pretty easy to pass on

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Almost all of Hasbro's releases because the Takara versions exist.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Masterpiece as always will be an easy pass. Hate them as much as anything those 3rd parties put out.

RID One & Three Steps. Even the Legions but I might pick up Groundbuster & Clampdown, don't know yet mostly focused on other things.

I HATE the Titan Masters, except I will pick up Shuffler & Sawback since they original WERE head only.

And that Autobot Platinum 5 Pack, man I already have those guys and in better paint.

CW Computron, Victorion, Liokaiser, TR Leaders, Fort Max & the rest of the Platinum sets I have to regretfully skip since they are way to expensive for me.

16. lordcryotek

lordcryotek meow meow beenz for all

I've only gotten TR Skullcruncher and Bruticus so far this year. I'm skipping all of RID (HATE that aesthetic) and all of MP (I want them all so bad but $200 a pop is a lot of scratch for seekers), and all of the TR figures where the head looks weird so I'll mostly be getting the OG Headmasters.

17. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

G2 repaints of CW, diacloneMPs, the TR data slugs(minus rewind!), and certainly all of RID.

18. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

No love for RID? for shame!

I've gone nearly completionist on TR, even going so far as to special order Brainstorm from RK, but Wheelie and Stripes were big nopes for me. Stripes looks awful, and really who cares about Wheelie?

Currently debating how many of Soundwaves cassettes I'll get. I have Buzzsaw, so should I bother getting laserbeak? Rumble has the same solid mold as Rewind, but it is the same mold. And ravage shares that awful mold with stripes. So while TR Soundwave is a must, I keep oscilating between getting his whole data slug wave and skipping them. And the fact that MP Soundwave was just announced to be getting a reissue has really complicated this decision.

19. AzT

AzT Azlaroc, Yeargroup 431 Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro MP Bee.

20. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    All of TR except wheelie and kickback. Done with official MP too. Unless they come out with mp Cyclonus, Blitzwing, Arcee