Earth/Cybertron Connection Explained

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by bradforj, Apr 9, 2009.

1. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have been thinking about this for awhile, and I think I have come up with an interesting way of explaining some things. I am not good at writing fiction, but I might give it a try if my story sounds cool. Opinions are welcomed. Here goes.

Ages ago, Cybertron was a biological planet populated by humans. These humans were highly advanced and created mechanical assistants called Quintessons.

These Quintessons rapidly evolved sentience and helped their human creators by building non-sentient constructs that could perform many tasks while doubling as transport (explaining why TFs have room for drivers, even on Cybertron and before meeting humans in the 1980s).

A large group of Quintessons rebel, desiring Cybertron for themselves. They kill loyalist Quintessons and convert some of the non-sentient robots into machines of war.

A single loyal Quintesson, possessing the key to making robotic beings sentient, creates a group of self-willed robots called the Autobots to defend his creators. He is then captured and destroyed during the extraction of this secret by the rebel Quintessons. They give their machines sentience, and label them Decepticons. The spark of the dead Quintesson attaches itself to the Autobot leader Primon and becomes the first bit of energy that eventually forms the Matrix.

War rips Cybertron apart. The Autobots decide that the only way to protect the humans (now small in number due to Decepticon extermination) is to relocate them to a suitable planet. They leave them on Earth. Using a technique developed by the humans to erase minds of certrain information, the Autobots erase all knowledge of Cybertron and the advanced civilization once there. The hope is that their creators will never again develop the knowledge to construct their own doom. The Autobots wipe all Cybertronian data banks of the existence of humans, including their own minds. The Quintessons/Decepticons, thinking the humans are exterminated, do the same but for a different reason. They find the idea that they were created by carbon-based life forms disgusting.

The Decepticons conquer Cybertron, led by a young warrior called Megatron. He chases off his Quintesson masters and rules without any real threat until an Autobot emerges, named Optimus Prime.

Cybertron is eventually covered over in metal as a result of an out of control war. It would not become biological in nature again until the Maximal leader Optimus Primal restored it many, many years later.

2. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    darn...I was sure someone would like it

3. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

It's not bad but i think you'll get more response if you try to make a fanfic out of it, it is a fanfiction section after all.
    It isn't a bad start at all, very nice ideas, but a bit too general. It could be very interesting for story plots to explain the various techniques of the proces to make robots sentient and all the other ideas you had.
    You could make a story, existing out of 3 seasons, first season about the humans and the quintessons, second season about the war between quintessons and third season about the Autobot vs. Decepticons. Just a little idea/tip. You might find it very fun and exiting to wright it, maybe even more thatn just explain it without a general feeling behind it.