earth a good thing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Autoboticon, Oct 11, 2012.

?

earth or cybertron

1. earth

31 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. cybertron

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  1. Autoboticon

Autoboticon I Know...I'm Awesome.

Now i know many of you want them to land on earth for the third game, but to me it just takes away what these games were based on...Cybertron, what if when they land on Earth they transform into today's vehicles instead of g1, how would you feel about that

I would really appreciate it if they just did a "after the ark" storyline with all the stranded bots/cons or them landing on different planets

So out of all of you, Cybertron or Earth?

(I know there is probably already a thread for this)

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course it is! It's our home, and I'm not going to diss it:p 

No matter where the story goes, the graphics are going to look great. FOC wasn't all metallic, you know. HMS was preparing us for what's to come with Cybertron's Earth-like transformation;) 

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Earth. Or at least a journey through other planets. Staying on Cybertron at this point would feel so forced.

4. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

It's time to move on with the story. Having another Cybertron story would force more of the same. The next installment should be Earth to add some diversity and familiarity.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Bad. These are the Cybertron games. I want them to at least complete a Cybertron trilogy before thinking about Earth. I want the next game to be mainly based around those set on Cybertron. Then near the end, have them find a way to contact with the ones who left and have a few levels on the Nemesis and/or Ark.

Then once the Cybertron Trilogy is over, they can think about Earth and the Journey to it if there's a second trilogy.

6. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    I'd rather ignore the false dichotomy that those are the only two options. Let's see the two ships visit other planets before they get to Earth.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Aligned timeline has the Ark and Nemesis visiting several other planets like Velocitron and Junkion before eventually reaching Earth, so I'd fully expect that's what the next game will be about.

8. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Earth, they need to go somewhere else.

9. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Add me to the list of people who want them to land/pass by somewhere else before hitting Earth. I also want more set on Cybertron. There's a lot that can be still done there. I personally want a two-sided game; half "in space" following the Nemesis/Ark and half of the remaining characters on Cybertron.

Either that, or a prequel game, maybe one set during Megatron's rise.

Although, if they do come to Earth, at least then people (might) stop argueing over if the games are "supposed" to be in G1 or Prime continunity as they'd hav their own on-Earth plot completely seperate from those two.

Also, Earth does not have to mean human-era Earth. I'd be more happy if they came here in a previous era (and stayed active).

10. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

cybertron..its what made these games good..take a look at all the games that take place on earth and they all suck when stacked against WFC/FOC..
    guaranteed, if its primarly an earth based game it will seem lackluster...unless they go back to cybertron:popcorn 

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Yes, those.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Before I start someone wants to say something...

Hi. It's me, Capitalization. It's been a while since we last spoke. Remember the good times we used to have capitalizing all those nouns? Oh and the beginning of sentences! How we used to laugh and laugh at all the things we used to do together... I... I just wanted to tell you that I miss you...

Anyway, yeah for the next game I think it's a fairly safe bet that a third game will take place between Cybertron and Earth. Personally though I want to see Cybertron fleshed out more.

13. gregles

gregles quintesson

I really liked the wide open halo style level design of the armada ps2 game and would like to see something like it again, it makes you feel like you have loads of tactical options when taking on a group of enemies, as the main criticism of war for cybertron (for me at least) was that you seemed to spend ages in corridors in the campaign. If we had some wide open spaces I think it would be cool to give us some reason to really explore the locations, maybe use similar tactics to arkham city with rewards for those who go off the beaten path and when you use different transformers with different alt modes you could reach different locations. Add humans to the mix could add some more varied missions and add a differentiation between playing autobots and decepticons. Maybe earth setting could add a slight sandbox element to the game design with side missions maybe the autobots could interact using those idw style hologram things and decepticons could do some evil side missions with those idw human replica things I cant remember the name of. For me another cybertron game would probably be another great shooting game but one set on earth could be really exciting, varied and ambitious.

14. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur HI! MY NAME IS [Volleybot]

News Credits:
    Heres an idea, Set it on cybertron but have the game take place at different points in time With unrelated missions telling different tales (I'd love it if they had a nightbeat noire mission.) with different characters.

but HMS wont do that..

15. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

I chose cyberton because I prefer it to earth, but really want I want is an "other" option. The main reason I don't want earth is because it wouldn't work for the "Cybertron" series. I'm not saying it has to stay on Cybertron though, what I'm getting at is that it's a third person shooter, and because of that, it just wouldn't work on earth. I know what you're probably thinking, "Dark of the Moon pulled it off level design wise!". Well here's a rundown on that:

Level 1: Takes place in part outside, part military base, and part (fairly believable) village.
    Level 2: Takes place in part (barely believable) city, and part (not at all believable) buildings.
    Level 3: Takes place in part outside, and part Decepticon base/Mayan temple.
    Level 4: Takes place in part outside, and part NEST base.
    Level 5: Takes place in part NEST base, and part open air.
    Level 6: Takes place in a (strangely Transformer-sized) Soviet base.
    Level 7: Takes place in a cryo chamber (which also seems strange as it was much bigger than it needed to be).

Notice that it took place mostly in bases (some of which were actually designed for transformers), and outside (away from civilization). Also, some of the outside sections were strangely designed (seemingly designed for transformers) and some of the bases (the ones not designed for Transformers) were too.

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think either, maybe have it set out in space, there is always velocitron, Beastia and Junkion out there before they hit Earth, maybe have levels set on those planets and a couple of levels set on Cybertron, Ultra Magnus' Wreckers standing up as a last line of defence would be cool to play. Only problem with doing that though could make the game feel disjointed...

17. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I find myself caring less about these games because FOC showed me that this is not the G1 continuity.

I would like to see these guys on other planets. When they get to earth in this aligned(prime) continuity, the war is basically over and Prime only has 5 troops that are willing to follow him... Megatron's eyebrows are flamboyantly outrageous and Starscream looks like a crack fiend. I hope they never get to Earth... Their future looks bleak.

18. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The games are not a direct prequel to Prime.

19. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I vote Cybertron. They could redo the Marvel Comic story leading up to Fortress Maximus leaving for Nebulos.

20. Autoboticon

Autoboticon I Know...I'm Awesome.

Hey!!! I'm typing this on a tablet and it is really annoying to capitalize, okay, I know, every one can't spell, good for you for pointing it out.