Early Transformers Movie Optimus Prime Design?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Ah! I remember the good ol'days when a TF didn't need to be a homage to a previous figure to be a Transformer. :D  J/K

Yep. This OP design was posted in the Ratchet V1 thread.

Yep. This OP is still ugly.

Glad we're getting the final one.

-airfox

2. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

wow, the only thing i really don't like about this design is the arms, if they were a little bigger, this design would kick all kinds of ass, i espically like the head design, very battle warriorish, i like that. i personally like this design better than the one thats going to be in the movie, but this design looks like a much younger prime, before he was the leader of the autobots, he looks more like a gladiator or something. it would be cool if they used this design on a different character in the next movie or in the comics or something.

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Eh...the head is kinda weird but the rest is pretty much the same, right?

4. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

The design looks almost the same, except for the head and color scheme. Not that I'm a big fan of this color scheme. I think the primary Red works much better.

5. rebeltron

rebeltron Active Member

MAN WHAT THEE....:Gouki: 

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I very much prefer what we are going to be getting for a movie Prime than this.

7. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I'm glad we got the Prime we got then. This one is horrid. Not Megatron horrid, but pretty close.

8. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Yeah!! For me ,his head looks like BM's Tankor.

9. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Sooo basically they changed the head and left us with that messed up body?? cool Bay...you and Speildburg know whats better for a brand that has survived 21 years...You are doing a great job on recreating EVERYTHING. Wow I have such hatred for those two people. Anyways, yeah this is the first time I'm gonna have to say I'm happy with the way OP turned out. Looks better than this...what were they thinking with this head?? All the sheet metal around his body looks like someone took some cutting sheers to it. HORRIBLE! I can't believe after 20 something odd years of dreaming of a Transformers movie...this is what I'm gonna see. A movie with TRANSFORMING BIONICLE ZORDS! If Prime didn't have a head closely resembling him, and Bumblebee wasn't Yellow..not one of these "Transformers" would be recognizable in any way, shape, or form. This early design and Ratchet's early design, oh and let's not forget, all the other "official" designs, goes to show that the Designers and Producers had no prior knowledge or affinity for Transformers. IF they had, they would have made character designs closer to the TRANSFORMER asthetic. Soo...is it safe to say?? "I miss my girlfriend, more than Michael Bay missed the mark in Pearl Har"...ohh wait, I mean Transformers...haha come on..." A story of A young Teenager and his first car" THAT is the angle that made Bay interested in this movie..are you kidding me??

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Many design aspects from this image were carried over to the current prime, but at the same time a lot was changed. The arms and legs on Current Prime are far sleeker and well shaped then these.

[​IMG]

Actually surprised no one else bothered to do this actually. Side by side, the differences do jump out more.

11. major revolt

major revolt rogue theory

You know what?

That draft design for movie prime is interesting , it shows the many ways prime could have been designed for the movie so i don't understand all the bitching and moaning from the fanboys , theres a slew of different op designs and toys so i really don't know why they keep bitching when something new is introduced . Why weren't the fanboys bitching when armada prime was introduced or cybertron prime.
    I personally feel the Empire magazine cover of prime is the best new design of op out there.

12. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Sure someone's already pointed this out by now, but that'd make a good Bombshell with a few colour shifts.

13. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Just like a ugly chick! Put a bag over his head.

14. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

I don't want to insult you if you've been active in the TF community for longer than your join date would indicate, but I assume from your comments that you weren't around when Armada Prime came out. Although BW was probably more divisive, Armada divided the fandom pretty thouroughly back in 2002.

Every Prime since has indeed been a source of controversy, often to the point of dividing the fandom, with Energon "Fattimus" Prime being the (big) butt of many jokes. Even the generally well regarded Cybertron Prime came underfire when we saw the first b/w pictures of him, being called a megazord and criticized for having a mouth before we knew he had a flip up faceplate.

So no, the trend of "fanboys" airing their dislike about something is not a recent phenomenon centered around the movie, nor does preferring what came before represent anti-movie solidarity. Some people just like different things, and that's that.

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

There were seriously death threats (on other boards, not this one) over Armada Prime and I can remember so many locked threads back in those days here.

16. NJM1564

NJM1564 Member

Actually it looks more like prime is simply with out most of his helmet. It could be that it's design either wasn’t yet finalized and not yet included or it could be suggesting that at some point in the movie it'll be mostly blasted away or removed for some reason.

17. zailand

zailand Well-Known Member

bulky limbs of iron gladiator hiding behind the truck skins.

18. Prime crotch

Prime crotch Well-Known Member

Tottaly unrelated but what was wrong with Armada Prime?

19. Therickoning

Therickoning Member

Just throwing this out there.... its very... Ultra Magnus.

20. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Honestly? That news, saddens, angers and repulses me all at once... I loved that version :( 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.