early impressions...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by herugrim, Jun 23, 2010.

1. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Aug 15, 2007
    What do you guys think of it so far?

As a pretty straight up 3rd-person-shooter it seem pretty fun to me. Kind of classic arcade style the way there's not a whole lot of depth, just plain old fun.

The one downside I would list is the ammo limitations. There aren't weapons scattered all over the place, so ammo is actually rather scarce. It would be nice if the default weapon for each transformer had unlimited ammo as it should. Kind of lame that you have to either transform into vehicle mode and use you weapons there to fight once your ammo is exhausted. It's either that or rush your opponents for a melee attack which is basically suicide. The melee attack is pretty useless in and of itself. If they didn't want to make character-specific grabbing finishing moves, they at least could've given us unlimited ammo for default weapons. It would also help if the crates carrying ammo, health, and other weapons didn't blend in with the background so well. It interrupts gameplay when you have to stop and peruse the area for supplies you might've missed that you need.

And the voice actors, besides cullen of course, are so so. Megatron sounds like a generic thug and Bumblebee is a lot more aggressive, sounding more like Hot Shot or Hot Rod then himself.

But even with all that, it's still a lot of fun to play.
  2. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

Aug 21, 2006
    News Credits:
    Hopefully there will be a code to give unlimited ammo. That is my only complaint. I don't want to have to worry about ammo!!