Early Impressions...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Ceasar121, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Still great, disappointed by the weakness of the Scientists in multiplayer. They're pretty useless, weaker than the scout, no really good weapon, slow transformations inhibiting the seeming getaway capabilties. That's my gripe so far.

2. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    As of yet, still haven't found a use for the Scientist. Still seems way out of balence with other characters combat wise.

3. Drayco90

Drayco90 Member

I've been using Shockwave with the burst fire sniper rifle and Neuron Assault Rifle and the Shockwave and Health Drain abillities. The easiest way to deal with enemies (In my opinion) is to use the Assault Rifle and get up close, use the Health Drain and your enemy should drop quickly. I also sometimes hide up in a nook and use jet missiles to lock on to enemy vehicles.

4. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    You know. I've heard of people saying the same thing. But I actually find the Scientist class to be really good for it's role. And I normally hold my own in combat with it. Even one of the MVPs that I normally play with praises how effective the Scientist class is. You might just have to get use to it.

5. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

I like the scientis class to. I try to play with all of the classes how, but when I see my team needs some support and health, I pick the scientist, hang back and deliver the health. The one thing I am not liking now is that.....I dont mind that so many people use the scientist class online..like I just said I use it here and there to. But something isnt right to me. When I see alot of people using the scientist class, I get the solder and mow em down, or you would think that wouold be the case. For some reason, these scientist have been taking out my tank and I dont know how. I go in to battle hitting them with the ninigun, the turn around or whatever, shoot me once and I am done. Has anyone else as this problem and or know what they are using to shoot me with. Cuz its starting to be a little fustrating.

6. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

My net connection is wonky so multiplayer is still a no go for a couple more days once again, but LOVING the game as well as my son is digging it. Seeing alot of little loving touches they put into it.

Oh, and the intro to each level by a sound alike to the narrator from G1 always makes me giggle.

7. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Well you see that's the beauty of it. The Scientist class may have the lowest health in the game, but all the abilities and weapons are extremely useful to them. The Energon Repair Ray, which I didn't pay close attention to at first in the tutorial but found out later, actually lowers enemies resistance to damage. Used in conjunction with drain and an upgrade sentry, you have a real force to be reckoned with. And their support role is excellent. I remember one time playing as the Scientist, I saw three teammates in trouble with their life bars at less than half. Flew over there in an instant, saw there were two enemy soldiers with full life gunning them down. All it took was one health grenade, and the enemy team didn't knew what hit them. I got assist points, thanks from the team, and 3 friend requests. :)  All in all I'm enjoying all the classes so far are very good.

8. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They do seem very weak but you get used to it quick. Seems like the leaders and soldiers are a little too powerful.

9. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

After trying all the classes out for a few hours, I actually chose scientist as my main.
    It's my favorite and the one I'm the best at.

I thought everybody was going to do this and was dreading it. I guess I was wrong! I didnt know people didnt think highly of the scientist!

10. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    I like scientist, but I don't like ONLY being able to be a support player. All the other classes have SOMETHING that makes them formidable in combat. Scout got the cloak, Soldier has the spinning hammer, Leader has warcry. I can clear a room if I play smart with anyother class except scientist. Scientist should have been given cloak or backstab (backstab in my opinion) , or you should be able to start with the null ray. I really think for MP, each form should be able to be in one of two classes. I hope through updates they can balence it out more so that the jet class has a fighting chance in one on one situations with other classes.

11. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I think Scientist make great snipers, I got quite a few snipes with them. They can get to high areas quickly.

12. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Come to think of it, if their abilities recharged faster it'd be more balenced. The scout cloak recharges so fast, but the shockwave and drain take forever to recharge.

13. demonicvenom07

demonicvenom07 Well-Known Member

Yeah I am really started to dig playing againt them now. I didnt like it at first but now I am getting used to mowing scientist down. Also I like using the scientist to. I dont mind playing a support character and the scientist class allows me to do that with ease. It took to long for a game this good to come out for transformers and I hope they can do another one soon.

14. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Believe me, I was dreading the scientist class, I was afraid that everyone would choose it because of it's flight capabilities. But actually, I think the scientist turned out nicely.

I mean, the Leaders are all around well balanced fighters and protectors. Scouts are for those that like to suprise attack their enemies. Soldiers are powerful and great at hand-to-hand combat. Scientists however, are snipers and healers. They have powerful guns and flying abillities to get to wounded teammates, and the healing gun thing to revive them. All in all, I thought the class turned out well.

I WAS suprised to find that I wasn't playing with to many scientists though. There were actually a whole lot more Soldiers that I saw than scientists...

15. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    I just hate how restrictive the ammo is. I run out constantly and find myself scavenging around for ammunition in the middle of a boss battle. It might help if the containers holding ammo, energon cubes, weapons, and other things stood out a little.

The melee weapons are useless. They should've been discarded and the default weapon for each transformer should have unlimited ammo. Reloading and no lock-on are more then enough in themselves to make up for the unlimited ammo. Not to mention some default weapons aren't that great anyways.