Early Father's Day Haul

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

...because my family loves me:D 

My wife and I dropped the kids off at my mom's tonight, and went out for the day. I should've known something was up when my wife asked to drive. I was like, whatever.

Before long, we're pulling into the Wal-Mart on the other end of town from where we live, and a few minutes later, we're looking at the TF movie shelfwarmers. She seemed disappointed that they didn't have TFA toys yet, but I told her there might be a separate display or endcap or something. Sure enough, there was.

Before too many minutes had passed, she had bullied me into grabbing the Cyb. Mode Optimus (which I wanted anyway) and Prowl (which I was on the fence about). I really wanted either Ratchet, Lockdown, or Blackarachnia, but she was firm.:peoples: 

Well, whatever, we went out to the movies (I played with my new toys in the car on the way) and dinner, bought a ceiling fan at Lowe's, then picked up the kids. I didn't want to tell my son about the new toys, because I knew it would be hard to get him to go to bed. But when we got home, he says, "Where are your Transformer presents?" I rolled my eyes and looked at my wife and said, "Did you tell him?"

"Don't worry about it," she replied. "Go get the ceiling fan out of the car." So I did, and when I got back, guess what was sitting in the living room floor?

Ratchet, Lockdown, and Blackarachnia.

That's why she bullied me into getting Prime and Prowl...she had already gotten the other three!:lol 

She told me she also had gotten Starscream, but when I had said before that I really didn't want him (I like my Galaxy Force Screamer better, thank you), she took him back. Apparently, she was going to get me all the deluxes (minus Bumblebee...yuck...I'll keep my Classics 'Bee) and Starscream.

Wow...that's love.

Then I sat there in the floor with my boys and played with my new Transformers! Happy Father's Day to me!

(Side note: Lockdown's socket for his hip joint was cracked and his leg wouldn't stay on. I took him back, but they didn't have anymore, so I'll have to pick him up again later.)

2. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    Cool! But... what do you mean "Bumblebee yuck"? That's the best TFA!

3. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Damn, that's really nice of her. Congrats on the toys, oh and the cool wife and Father's Day. Enjoy.

4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Wow, that's pretty awesome, man. :)  I'm waiting for my girlfriend to start doing stuff like that for me... TFA is the first line I've started collecting since we started living together, so hopefully she'll keep track of exactly what I have, maybe surprise me once or twice. ;) 

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

my wife got me reverse convoy and the delophosaurus transforming dinosaur toy from the dinosaur store to serve as kitbash foder. Fathers day gifts are great

6. Autobot X

I just think the toy is ugly...weird proportions and all, and I have a perfectly good Bumblebee already.

7. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    lol such a great wife :p . Sounds like you had a great father's day.

I see you're from FL too, you're only 3 hours away from me. :p . I can't find any transfans in my immediate area.

8. Autobot X

We are a rare breed...if you ever find yourself in Lakeland, PM me...we'll hang out.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Hmm, maybe I'll have to have kids after all.

10. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Indeed we are, and if you ever find yourself in Lake City, PM me and we can chill.

11. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Sounds like a great fathers Day