Heavy/Scratch: Eagletron....A real-life SG Predacon?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Quantum25, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, so I would like you to meet Eagletron, leader of the heroic Predacons(?). Also known as "The Seige Tower", "The Castle of Black Iron", and the "Magical Black Box on wheels that can play basketball".

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
  2. Quantum25

Alright so joking aside, this is what I along with a team of 21 other students spent 6 weeks building as part of the FIRST robotis competition.

Long story short, our team had been naming our robots "Eagletron" for the past couple years and this year was no different. Except this time, me being the transformers nerd that I am, I decided that along with creating an awesome robot, it should be one befitting that of a (insert name here)-tron. So a quick freehand sketch, some masking tape, and several coats of paint later I came up with what you see now.

Edit: And with the thread being moved to the Radicons forum, I should also probably explain some of what went into the making of Eagletron; other than the panels, I also worked on the main launcher of the robot. Several pounds of AD-20, wood, lots T-nuts and assorted screws, sim motors, mecanum wheels, pvc, all sorts of electrical work and wiring, tons of code, justice, bolts, and gears went into this 120 lb robot during a six week build season before going on to compete in two regionals ending the season 18-4-1.

Hope you enjoy.

3. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

Great work on the insignia. Looks really good.

4. Quantum25

^Thanks man.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Since this is 3-D work, it's off to Customs!

Great work, and it looks like you had a lot of fun! :) 

6. Quantum25

Thanks for the compliments, and yes it was a great time despite a few stressful moments. Now if only it could transform......;) 

Also a small update on post 2.