Eagle's TF ESG-1214 (1/50 G1 Scourge) Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jun 19, 2012.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
  2. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pascal, why don't you speak in your review lol?

anyway, I was asking about this on cybertron when you posted it and this thing looks amazing. much better than his kup IMO. it looks so intricate yet fragile. Th ekinda thing you transform once or twice and then just put on a special shelf to display. despite the lack of speaking, great review. What's your opinion of him "in hand"?

3. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Because it was late when I shot it and I didn't want to wake up the kids. I can reshoot it if you want! Complete with heavy breathing and overuse of superlatives...:p 

It's a very unique piece, and it oddly feels both fragile and sturdy at the same time. Fragile because it's still a bit wobbly, but the resin parts for the most part are quick thick. I don't see what I could possibly break on that thing except the pointy bits. And you're right, it's the kind of thing you transform a couple times and then display in a special place. I like him and Kup better than the Jizaitoys Wheelie and Cyclonus I used to have. Sturdier, more detailed and they fit better. They're closer to Studio Halfeye designs I think (I only have one, Shin Getter 2).

4. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do get a very Jizaitoys feel from both of these.

5. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

Scourge is AWESOME. I mean, really unbelievable. The detail is fantastic, and the amount of articulation is CRAZY. He has four points of articulation in one foot alone. Two points of articulation I've never seen in any figure before. I think part of the explanation for all the extra articulation is that some points of articulation seem more fragile than might be allowed in a mass release. So it's really cool to see what can be accomplished when the limits are pushed with a more collector-oriented piece.

I can't believe someone is just making these out of his garage. There must be talent everywhere. As great as the Hasbro version is, this is the true Classics update we never got.

I have no need for the extra ships and guns, and I'm selling them in my sales thread if anyone is interested.

[​IMG]

6. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    I've seen fully transformable/combinable Abominus and Devastator customs that seem to originate from the same designer(s), they were mindblowing.

7. lee9

lee9 Well-Known Member

pics?

8. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Can't find them... The Abominus was on Ebay last Spring and Devastator pics were sent to me by email. He was asking $3500 for it I think!

9. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hard to see anything, whats the size of this?

10. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

This piece is beautiful. Really fine work! Is there a third party company out there listening? Get in touch with this guy!!!

11. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Watch the video again.