Eagle's TF EKP-1012 (1/300 G1 Kup) Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by bellyboy, Dec 5, 2011.

?

what do u think about this product ?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2012.
  1. I like it

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Its ok

16 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Damn thats ugly

37 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    Packaging: 7/10
    The figure arrived in a transparent plastic casing with 2 zip lock bag in one the figure in alt mod, wrapped in tissue paper and in the other the accessories .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There is paper cover in the box that has the writing:” EKP 1012” eagle’s TF 1/300 2011 15 +
    On the back there are some Chinese writing ABS 304 PVC all the rest I cant read ☹

It’s a fairly simple but effective packaging

The instructions are kind of infantile, and not effective
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Accessories 9/10
    kup comes with 3 extra hands –Left : thumbs up and open hand
    Right: gun holding
    2 alternate faces – cygar and smiling (which is kinda weird cause kup is always grouchy)
    [​IMG]
    rifle and stock
    and some weird gun or pack that i could figure what is that or where it should go on the figure itself
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stand – this add on is incredible and it was a very thoughtful addition to the product ,it has two arms and a base that allows u to display the figure in a jumping or action position and it has 3 points of articulation ,the main hinge (180)the connection to the base- swivel (360) and in the connection the the figure –swivel (360)

all of those are made from a very hard and sturdy plastic that is cast in white

Robot +Alt mod
    Alt mode – 9/10
    The alt mod is spot on kup ,the color is slightly lighter then I would want it to be and the alt mode would benefit from some paint apps or stickers ,but its kup for sure
    The wheels are cast in white plastic and they roll pretty nice
    The front canopy open s to reveal two seat (so cool ☺ )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There is a gap between the rear part of the car and the front one but I don’t mind it.
    [​IMG]

Robot 8/10
    Kup looks really good and has lots of articulation and he can pose in a wide range of action poses.
    My mains complain is the head size and the neck
    The neck in my figure is slightly loose and I have no idea how to tighten it.
    And the head itself is really small and narrow, not the details are not visible but somehow a slightly wider head would fit this figure more and would make it more proportionate.
    But the rest is just perfect, the amount of thoughts and engineering in this figure is mind blowing and eagle made it spot on to the IDW comics and G1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Transformation 9/10
    The transformation is extremely nice and complex (for a figure in that scale)
    All the joints are tight, besides the neck ☹
    The range of motion is good and the plastic doesn’t feel cheap, it may seem light weight, but its strong. I was a bit afraid to transform the wheels to fit the backpack but a slight force is needed, and they fit like a glove.

material 8/10
    there are some parts which are not that smooth and some extra flush on the parts ,but its minor nitpicking ,its still a one man operation .

Conclusion?
    9/10
    I love this figure and I would recommend buying it

I cant wait for eagle to release his scourge

Attached Files:

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    would love to see one of the guys here give this thing a sweet paint job

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I'll stick with Gen Kup

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I honestly hate the look of the robot, but for a garage kit attempt it's very good.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

a proper paint job would make it cool, but as is. bleh. love where the gun mount hole, winds up *obviously for some one to shove a target master in?* so it looks like he has a vagina... :lol  or is that belly button? BUT for a third party, it's a nice attempt.

6. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Not bad. It's not the best aesthetics wise, but it looks like a solid toy.

7. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    they said that eagle did the original sculpt in styrene, which makes this incredibly impressive. It may not be the most wonderful visually and the proportions are a bit off, but its still quite good for what was a scratch build.

Kind of feeling the poll on this is not in good taste, there's no reason to have a "damn thats ugly" option for something a member here sculpted.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Where can it be ordered? And for how much?

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    This is out already?

But it IS ugly. Why beat around the bush?

Looks unfinished and kinda gross, (why in god's name would those parts be molded in WHITE and not gray) but I will say the engineering looks solid. I'd buy it if it was cheap enough and try repainting it and put my other igear head on it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  10. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    that will be done soon

hmm i dont think that this is ugly but check the thread in the 3rd party bprad ,people were like kids there ,saying that shit ....

i paid 40$ including shipping , try to contact eagle on his pm box

exactly the reaction i would expect from ya ... when was the last time u built a scratch build transformer?
    and u cant put the igear on it its 1/300 scale

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Man, this is the lamest argument ever, I laugh every time I see it. You don't need to be able to build something in order to see the flaws in it. I even said I would buy it if it was cheap enough and the engineering is solid - I guess nothing less than unadulterated praise is acceptable to you? You must have a horse in this race.

Besides, YOU put the poll option in there. Don't rag on me for picking it. It's got the most votes.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I think it's cool, but also ugly as all sin.

And yes, I have designed a transforming figure before, so that "argument" will work on me even less than it will work on MegaMoonMan, thank you for asking. You can see what I've done and what I'm working on here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/481532-misterfanwanks-shapeways-thread.html

Have a nice day!

13. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Thanks to Bellyboy for posting this review. I've spoken to Eagle and I was very close to ordering a couple of these. He seems like a cool guy.

In my opinion, this design is great. In fact, I just finished selling off both my Hasbro and Takaratomy Kups because they weren't G1-accurate enough. The only reason I didn't buy Eagle's was that all the painting required to make it detailed enough would be beyond my abilities (I'm thinking the tires, but also a few other hard-to-reach places).

Anyway, I wish Eagle continued success. Hopefully, as his production process evolves, his pieces will become more "finished." I look forward to supporting his work in the future.

14. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Just took a look at your link. Your stuff does not appeal to me, especially compared to what Eagle's done, but I still wouldn't resort to calling it craptastic or whatever. Just don't see the point, you know, especially knowing that you probably put a lot of work and passion into it. Aesthetics are pretty subjective.

15. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    those instructions are hilarious!

yea no, that thing is UGLY.

no thanks, ill pass easily over it

16. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

It looks like a fembot. I could swear that was Chromia, if it was painted blue.

Definitely not feeling it as Kup. Or, at least, not a very good Kup. Generations got the right idea. The old truck either has to be blocky, or you get a new truck. This guy's made the front of the old truck curved, and that throws it off entirely. Either have blocky G1 accuracy or curved Generations style. Choose one. :( 

I'll chime in and say for what it's worth, i've also designed and sold transforming robots, and honestly while he's got a good complex transformation going on there, the tolerances are way off. Plus, the huge gap in the roof....WTF?

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Invalid and flawed argument.

So you shouldn't be able to look at a house and say it looks like shit because you can't build it? You can't look at a car and says it sucks because you can't scratch build one yourself? You can't look at things like the N-Gage and call it a PoS because you can't build something better? Wow, I guess no one should bitch about anything aside from what they are pros at. Its a laughable statement to say "if you can't do better shut up".

18. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    lmao the ngage!

19. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    can you post some pics of it next to some other classics figs or masterpiece ones?

im curious how big it is

altmode is what i would have prefferred hasbro to do with generations kup, but i can see why they didnt.

botmode is kinda strange i love it and i dont, it kinda has the feel from the IDW sptlight of KUP

[​IMG]

bottom line is im not gonna attack this thing cause for a guy working out of his garage its pretty fantastic, but by 3rd party expectations of most of us overgrown manchildren, its lacking.

but if the designer said he was going of the IDW old fragile looking Kup i would shake his hand and say you nailed it

but most of us imagine Kup like he was seen in G1 or how he turned out after the spotlight by IDW (cygar touting badass)

my vote is OK, cause it works for what it is its just not what i would want if that makes any sense what so ever

20. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I see it too. Sounds like a good idea, with vibrant blue and some decent shading.