Eagle Eye

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Jarodimus, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow... noone else has made a thread for this?

No spoilers in this post.

Saw this tonight, and I've gotta say that it was a very solid action/thriller film. Very entertaining, with good characters, visuals, and plot. Shia did a great job, as usual. (Shut up, I like Shia.) They're way off on their depictions of Indianapolis and (I'm pretty sure) the Dayton airport, though. But hey, that's some of those cities "in the middle".

There were some surprise stars in it, at least for me. I only found out about Billy Bob Thornton being in the movie a couple weeks ago when I saw a trailer with Dark Knight in IMAX. And I had NO idea Michael Chiklis and Rosario Dawson were in it until they showed up on screen tonight. They both have pretty major roles, too -- odd that they didn't make it into the trailers.

I'd recommend it -- it's a good popcorn-munching thriller. And just so you know I'm not alone, it currently has an A- average on Yahoo! Movies -- higher than Choke or Burn After Reading. (Of course, it also has a 27% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but I'm convinced that most of the people who post reviews there don't actually like watching movies at all.)

Anyone else?

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

It looks interesting as a DVD pickup. Shia is a chump and can't sell me on anything, but I've been a big Michelle Monaghan fan since MI3.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh yeah. Never saw her before that movie, but she was a cutie.

I may go see it if enough people seem to like it.

4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I saw it Friday night.

I nodded off about 15 minutes in. Woke up 15 minutes later, I'm told, and found that I hadn't really missed anything. When the revelation of the "villain" was made, the movie absolutely tanked for me. It was ridiculous and I new something like that was supposed to happen coming in, but to me it wasn't executed too well. The chick with Shia just didn't do anything for me either.

I thought the movie sucked, but that's my opinion.

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I really want to see this movie!

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i saw it friday as well

enjoyed it very much!

the trailers did a good job of not letting you in on who exactly is on the other end of the phone and i was pretty surprised by story!

thought it was a very cool movie

i'd see it again :D 

7. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

There was a forum of the Transformers Revenge of the fallen teaser trailer to appear in that movie. Is it true? :D  From wat im reading, it didn't appear cause if it did, it would be the talk of the month. :lol 

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    It's got like a 3.8 star rating on Netflix, and metacritic has an average of 43 out of 100 but the score there is pulled way down by media critics who don't generally care for commercial big-budget action flicks. There are only 4 users reviews on metacritic and they average 7 out of 10.

I've stopped relying on RT to dictate what I choose to watch. The inconsistency in the ratings has proved disappointing for me. I look at an average between netflix and metacritic scores and then decide whether I want to see something or not.

My sister in law and her husband went to see "Eagle Eye" over the weekend and they said they loved it.

But my wife and I are going to wait for the DVD release.

9. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

So I went with my two roomates and another buddy who met us at the theater on Sat. night to watch this movie. We enjoyed it, thought it was decent and had it's moments.

It was after the movie where things got interesting.

As I was leaving the parking lot of the movie theater my roomate gets a call, answers and suddenly yells (to the effect of Shia's infamous "No,no,no,no"), "Stop, stop, stop stop!", I slam the brakes, he jumps out of the car and runs out of view behind a building temporarily. I look at my other roomate and we simultaneously respond, "Eagle Eye?"

About 5 seconds later he comes back running to my car with a bag in his hand... turns out it was our other buddy who just forgot to give him the cupcakes that his wife had made for my roomates B-day.

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Those cupcakes were a matter of national security, dammit!

We saw it on Saturday and enjoyed it. Critics schmitics.

11. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

I work for the company that made the first UAV (not the Predator) that made an appearance, WASP UAV, check the credits at the end. AeroVironment Inc.