EA attempting to acquire Take-Two

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by wolfnfox, Feb 24, 2008.

1. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080224/20080224005062.html?.v=1

It seems the statement is true "EA is trying to take control of everything".

If this happens it will be like everything else they buy: The workers that made the company what it was leave or get sacked, EA gets them to turn out yearly sequals until they wreck the franchises, the company gets shut down and assimilated into EA, looks for next victim.

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Ummm EA has said it's trying not to operate that way any more. Bioware was them trying a new approach. IE hands off.

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I disslike EA, they really aren't always the guilty parties in these buyouts. While there is such a thing as hostile takeovers, a lot of smaller companies LIKE to get "acquisitioned". Actually, I really should say stockholders and the people in charge of said small company want to be acquired since it usually means a big payoff for them. They go off and do what they can to raise stock prices simply to be bought out in order to gain a nice profit. Hopefully, all the artists and producers will be kept, but that's unfortunately usually not reality. So, a lot of the times it's the CEO, Presidents, and the stockholders they aim to please that allow companies like EA to buy those small companies out.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I will believe it when I see it.
    (Crosses fingers for Bioware.)