EA and Hasbro partnership

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by D_Fool, Aug 10, 2007.

1. D_Fool

D_Fool Well-Known Member

I was just reading today that EA and Hasbro are teaming up for casual games. I guess Hasbro bought back the rights from Atari for a lot of their IP's.

I wonder if this will also transfer over eventually to the transformers IP.

2. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

In the press release they mentioned a flurry of Hasbro's IPs, but oddly the Transformers were missing from the long list. The only reason I see for the biggest Hasbro name to go unmentioned is that EA didn't get it.

3. D_Fool

D_Fool Well-Known Member

Yeah, either that or Hasbro couldn't afford to buy back the IP from atari. I would imagine that one would be worth a lot of money.

Does anyone know if the new animated series would be considered a seperate IP?

From what I've read, the movie was considered a seperate IP as activision has the rights to make games from that.

4. Big Bot

Big Bot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro have already bought the Transformers ip from Atari years ago. This is why Activision were sold the rights to develop Transformers The Game.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really care if EA doesn't get the TF license- they spend waaaayyy too much time cutting cookies to make truly great action games. (not that they couldn't 1-up Activision though)

6. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Transformer Soccer '08

7. D_Fool

D_Fool Well-Known Member

Well EA's come a long way in the last couple years. Starting to develop original IP's and working more towards making a fun game instead of pumping out boring sequels. Though the madden's and fifa's always seem the same.

Though I'm probably a bit partial to them since I work there.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I don't mean any offense to them, but with such a powerfull, software only company, with huge income from sports titles that don't have to change much each year for huge profits, I think they could do better. A lot of their games are by no means bad, but also not great.

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Little Pony: Deathmatch.

10. D_Fool

D_Fool Well-Known Member

No offence taken, I agree with you on the sports titles. Their latest non-sports title have been a lot better, like the new simpsons is gonna be amazing. I've never laughed so hard at a game before. Plus if they got transformers lol, there'd be nothing that could stop me from getting on that team.