E3 speculation/discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Starfire22, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Interesting note. It looks like they dont have final hardware nailed down yet. Reggie said that the 3rd party game footage was from other consoles and PC versions. Looks like I will be wrong by judging this game using the new Metro 2033. But pretty funny considering all the "well, these graphics are not quite as good as my current console" remarks.

2. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Peopl bash Nintedo for no reason?! The horror!

:stick: 

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The graphics looks good, IMO.

I just have a PS3 and 360 that already generate them. Which is why I'm hoping we see a strong game line-up and functional online capabilities.

4. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

I don't think anybody said that, at least not on here that I saw. Other people stated that they didn't think the graphics weren't any better than what we currently see on other current-gen consoles, which is now confirmed to be true.

5. Gigatron_2005

I swear. As a prank, Nintendo could show off footage of the next Uncharted game, and about half the internet would complain that it looks boring and the graphics suck.

I dont remember if its here. I'm reading several forums at once right now. :p  But really. That bird demo looked amazing. Shader effects, textures, and draw distances that you dont see together on current gen hardware. (or it could have looked that way, the video was streaming over the internet after all.)

EDIT FOR THE POST AFTER THS:
    Multi forums man. :p  But really. I think the bird demo is impressive. I dont recall seeing anything look like that on current consoles.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I saw a lot of comments, and even said myself, they look no better than what is currently available now. Really, you were really the only one jumping up and down saying how things were so much better in those images. So even more so than anything, there's nothing but a new controller and a new box at this moment. Will see what happens in the long run.

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Nintendo is in a tough spot when it comes to new consoles.

Sony is Multimedia and Microsoft is Online community.

8. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

We all have different perceptions of things like this. You don't need to get exasperated just because not all of us are creaming our pants over it. Some of us have reservations, and rightfully so. We may be skeptical, but we're not discounting anything; we're just waiting to see more, and hoping that they might show us those 1 or 2 things that finally make us go "Okay, I guess I will be getting this thing!"

9. Gigatron_2005

Oh no. I have reservations on this thing for sure. I just had a gut "are you all crazy" reaction when I started seeing comments (once again, I dont think they were here) about how it does not even look as good as a 360 and stuff like that. I am already pretty much sold on this damn thing (Ive always had a thing where I wanted to play the latest games, but also wanted to keep an eye on the TV) but I understand how many people would not care about this at all.

Honestly, the thing I am most worried about on the system is the graphics, but that bird demo is making me reasonably confident. It looked pretty good to my eyes.

10. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably just outside posters. I read a post that said the gams shown looked sub-360!
    Anyways, apparently it's CPU is based on the one used in Watsn, the evil supercomputer. Tht means that the wii2 is smarter than some off it's bashers!

11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Nintendo dominates the "Home Console" market, IMO. This thing interacts with a slew of other hardware like the WiiFit, Wiimotes, and now the TV, which makes it ideal for those people who already shelled out cash on those things and improves upon their connectivity. The bird tech demo was pretty damn impressive, as was the Zelda tech demo. I have no doubts in the graphical ability, but it all comes down to the games, really.

And Nintendo has Smash Bros. Which is why I will buy it.

12. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Dubs post. Bleck.

13. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

if the bird demo was actual like in game engine footage, then its the definitely the best thing i've seen. That bird looked creepily real, and frankly i have never seen anything like that 'in game' on my 360 or from ps3 footage i've seen either online or in the conference yesterday.

14. Gigatron_2005

15. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Still reserving judgement on the game as a whole... but judging from the video, it doesn't look half bad. :D 

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah that looks pretty awesome. Been playing infamous 2. Phoking great game so far. It was sleeper at E3 because it wasn't an "Announcement," but it plays better than most of the stuff I saw the last few days.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I really hope they bring Clockwerk back. That dude was a huge badass, and it's such a shame he was only in the game for like ten minutes tops.

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Y'know, I was watching the trailer for Assassin's Creed: Revelations again and I'm surprised no one noticed that the area they were going to hang Ezio was the same place you learn how to do the Leap of Faith in the first Assassin's Creed. They even put the same building you have to climb in order to get back into town in the background.

20. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Since Altair is going to be a playable character in the game, it makes sense he'd be in masyal.