E3 speculation/discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Starfire22, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    Like the title says, discuss, and/or speculate on what will be revealed at E3, ill start off:

Nintendo: project cafe (or stream, or wii 2 or whatever), vitality sensor, pimkin 3, new f-zero and/ or star fox, Kirby's assemble! (A Kirby DS title in Japan that I expect to come stateside) And upcoming 3DS games. (Paper Mario 3ds, super Mario 3ds etc)

Microsoft: unnamed kinect star wars game (if you remember from E3 last year there was a star wars clone wars game demo for kinect), Halo: combat evolved remake, kinect price drop, and MGS rising. (I assume it's an Xbox exclusive right?)

Sony: an announcement regarding PSN(along with some speech on how they'll have better security), resistance 3, and details regarding NGP. (Price, games, and the optional 3g/ 4g price, and contract.

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Uncharted 3 footage <3

3. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    It was confirmed that this game won't show up for E3. Major development problems occurred after it's reveal, causing a horrible delay.

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    IF I don't see lots of impressive 3DS projects in the pipeline I will be pissed.

5. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    This, Uncharted 2 is one of the best game this gen.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The Wii Vitality Sensor and Kinectimals 2 is gonna rock the show.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sly 4 plzkthx.

8. axl6533

axl6533 Anarchy Is Your Freedom

half life 3 bully 2 tf dotm game cod mw3

9. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

Hoping for 40K Dark Millenium info.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Sony answering questions and speaking about the PSN outage and ridiculous handling of it.

Hopefully some good info on Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, and not shit we already know.

As for what will NOT be at E3? A North American Final Mix or any main console games that aren't spin offs (358/2 Days), sidestories (358/2 Days mostly), or some filler crap (Coded was the worst of the entire series, and Days could apply to being filler).

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Tons of sequels, tons of remakes, almost no original or interesting ideas across the 3 platforms.
    Still, project cafe could be interesting.

12. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Nintendo will wow, Sony will make you laugh and say they're better than everyone, and Microsoft will come at us with a sequel or something that could prove mildly interesting.

That is unbiased, my friends.

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm all for awesome sequels- Mass Effect 3, Gears of War 3, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Infamous 2, GTA5 (I hope), FF13-2 (hope it will be good), the Halo remake, Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, Darksiders 2, 3DS Mario and Starfox, Metal Gear: Make Radien Cool, Uncharted 3, Silent Hill 8 and I'm sure a whole bunch more. I'm sure most of these will be shown off. It might not sound entirely innovative, but adding to a formula that's already good can spawn lots of innovation.

Besides that though, I'm sure Sony will show off the NGP, which I would be more excited about if I actually put more time into my PSP.

Nintendo will show their next gen system hopefully, and I would like to see maybe a new Metroid to show it off.

I don't think MS or Sony will show anything about the new consoles, but I could be wrong.

14. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Battlefield 3(Console Gameplay this time please) and MW3 gameplay.

15. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I had the opportunity to go to E3 this year, but I sadly had to turn it down. Hopefully I can get the same opportunity next year.

I am currently trying to keep my expectations low for Nintendo, but I am still very excited to see what they are cooking up. If their new console is considerably more powerful than the current HD twins, I would like some games like Battlefield 3 and GTA5 to show off that extra horsepower. On Nintendo's first party side, I would like to see a new F-Zero game for the Cafe. A realistic and large open world Zelda and/or a new Metroid could be really cool but I am not really counting on it.

For the 3DS, I would like to get at least a solid holiday lineup. I am also hoping for more games to really push the 3DS graphically.

For Xbox, I am not expecting much beyond more pushing of Kinect. My biggest hope is to have an Alan Wake sequel/prequel.

For Sony, I am interested to see what the future of PS3 is going to look like beyond what has already been announced. The NGP/Vita should at least be interesting. I am expecting to see a list of features and games. Its still concerning that EA has not announced that they are making anything for the system. I would also like to see a price, but I am not sure we will see it.

16. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I just want a new Super Smash Bros game. That, or Mario Kart for the 3DS. Either one's fine. :p 

17. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nintendo's not going to do a "realistic" zelda game. They're all about the art style, which is a good thing as it means their games stand the test of time. That's not saying the next Zelda game won't be gorgeous, just not realistic.

As for my predictions, 3DS will have a huge show. There will be lots of titles we know nothing about. Mario 3DS will show us why 3D is important. Also, there will be some mention of a main series pokemon game, probably pokemon 'grey', to quell investors' fears that 3DS won't sell. I was saying 3DS won't see a price drop, but now I'll say we'll see one holiday. It may or may not get announced at the show. As for project cafe, it'll be more powerful than expected. They'll be bringing out some old franchises in order to show it off. I'm predicting F-Zero, Pikmin, and Starfox. Also, at least one unexpected M-rated, hardcore third party game. I'm guessing either a Rockstar game or Respawn's new title. They'll end with a sizzle real of all your favorite franchises in HD.

Microsoft is a dark horse. I think they'll tease their new console at the end, possibly with just a logo, but will show nothing. It'll be uneventful, but with some cool stuff. Lots of major games will have cool kinect integration. Nothing overt, just small touches like Forza's head tracking. I wouldn't be surprised by, and am hoping for, Shadow Complex 2. Witcher 2 and BF3 will get stage demos as Microsoft's way of showing there is still room to push the 360 graphically. Insomniac might show their new game. There will be a 360 slim price drop.

Sony will have lots of NGP talk. Lots of major console titles will make the jump. I'd expect to see some sort of Final Fantasy game. I hate to be that guy, but they might finally convince Square to do that FF7 remake everyone seems to want. There will be at least 1 huge game that will get a NGP and PS3 version with that 'Transfarring' style feature Kojima's pushing. The NGP will be cheaper than expected. I wouldn't be surprised if there's 3+ different models. I want to say $229 for the cheapest model and reaching $350+ for the fully loaded 3G model. At least one unexpected major franchise announcement. There will be a throw-away apology about the PSN debacle and no further mention. No teasing or hint at PS4.

18. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Well, I guess I meant "more realistic" I'm not expecting a game that looks like Demons Souls. What I mean by a more "realistic" Zelda is taking that Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess style and adding more detail to modernize it for an HD console. Less like Windwaker (and Skyward Sword), more like OoT (and TP). A game like that would be highly stylized and remain timeless, but I feel that people would also brand it a more "realistic" Zelda.

19. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though it could happen, I don't see Nintendo returning to that style. It doesn't age well. OoT looks pretty bad now and TP is well on its way. TP was not well received enough, at least on a graphical level, to really warrant them going back. I don't see why anyone would want them to. Personally, I much prefer they keep doing interesting and different looks. The OoT look is just boring to me. Eh, different tastes I guess. I must say, though, I cannot wait to se more Skyward Sword. I love the painted look they're doing. It looks much better now than when they debuted it without the style.

20. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Welp, time to go into better detail.

I mean, if we're gonna discuss Nintendo, let's discuss Nintendo.

Knowing their track record, there isn't going to be anything spectacular for Zelda's 25th, probably just a game compilation. However, the concept of Nintendo games on an HD-powered console is an exciting concept- their track record for quality games, even on a dinky machine like the Wii, has been outstanding, and having more power to make bigger, better, prettier games can never be a bad thing. I'm hoping that their tease for this console is spectacular- that's their draw, not the gritty graphics, but the beautiful ones like Skyward Sword and Mario. This tech demo better BLOW MY F#$%*G MIND. However, a confirmation of a mature title would be welcome, as well.

3DS, like yami4ct said, will have a great show. It's gonna be a good chunk of time, with some cool stuff spattered throughout. Mario 3DS is going to blow us away- any new title reveals are going to be really cool, and I'm even talking 3rd party titles- we're going to get some quality stuff.

I'll be surprised if they focus on Wii much at all, however, they will give us a few quality titles before it is overtaken by this new console- Kirby, Zelda, and hopefully Xenoblade or the Last Story. No one is going to be there to see the Wii, though, so they'll keep the titles and news on the down-low.

In reality, Microsoft is going to be a fair amount of tech and probably some interesting titles, but nothing too special. It would be a nice thing for them to hint at a new console, but I doubt it will happen, and I doubt if it does it will be anything more than a tease, like when "Natal" came out. So yeah. I mean, Microsoft has never really been much of an outstanding E3 host- but they do consistently show off good games, so nothing bad there.

Sony is going to be all, "HEY WE'RE AWESOME LOOK AT THOSE OTHER COMPANIES THEY DON'T HAVE FUNNY JOKES AND EPIC TITLES." and for the most part, they'll prove that. They'll have some good reveals, some decent Move coverage, and MAYBE a big surprise. They better do a damn good job tryign to market the NGP, though, because a handheld for a more mature gaming audience is a hard thing to sell. The PSP wasn't exactly a good example of that strategy working out.

However, Nintendo is going to have the biggest reveals and surprises, and Microsoft and Sony should just take it and bide their time for next year when they can out-impress Nintendo. Two good E3's in a row will be good enough for Nintendo, and then they'll return to the same level as the other two, with good reveals and such. Personally, I'd let Nintendo have these two years, considering they were giving some pretty poor conferences a couple of years ago, really.