Customs: E Strongarm/need jeep items identified for color

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by manyoufactsure, Mar 9, 2007.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Hi folks.
    I am doing my kitbash of E Strongarm into Swindle and I am not sure what the items on the back are and what colors should they be, if he was a real jeep.

The tank on the left is either gas or water. Would it be red for gas, blue for water or a different color entirely?
    I have no idea what the item on the right is. Does anyone know what it is and what color it should be?
    Heres the picture
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Its like a little adventure kit ,the figure on the right that is, i dont think you should do the blue and red for water or gas unless they go with the color scheme.

3. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Its like a little adventure kit ,the figure on the right that is, i dont think you should do the blue and red for water or gas unless they go with the color scheme.

4. manyoufactsure

I'm wondering what the real life containers are colored. I think (in the past) the tank on the right would be olive drab or black. But a gas can (today, for home use) has to be red. I was thinking water cans were blue but now i'm thinking that blue is for kerosene.
    And your not supposed to mix them.
    Would a jeep website have info about the tanks? They have products made to go with the vehicles for off roading.

5. manyoufactsure

I'm wondering what the real life containers are colored. I think (in the past) the tank on the right would be olive drab or black. But a gas can (today, for home use) has to be red. I was thinking water cans were blue but now i'm thinking that blue is for kerosene.
    And your not supposed to mix them.
    Would a jeep website have info about the tanks? They have products made to go with the vehicles for off roading.

6. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Wow dude youre really getting into that detail, haha but let me ask you this are you gonna make it more toy or more car accurate because thats what its gonna come down too. As far as water goes, i believe it is a clear white and the gas is aan orangey red. But yea the thing on the right of the vehicle im pretty sure should be like a dark olive or greyish black

7. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Wow dude youre really getting into that detail, haha but let me ask you this are you gonna make it more toy or more car accurate because thats what its gonna come down too. As far as water goes, i believe it is a clear white and the gas is aan orangey red. But yea the thing on the right of the vehicle im pretty sure should be like a dark olive or greyish black

8. manyoufactsure

The G1 toy has no detail. He is that orangy/brown color except for his black windshield and black/yellow stickers. In alt mode and he has a grey chest, black legs and then stickers that are blue and silver.
    The E Strongarm toy has a ton of molded details so it would be a shame, NOT, to use them and paint them the colors they should be.
    The toy leg stickers are not going to work because they will be on the hood instead of the rear of the vehicle and then be upside down for bot mode.
    Or if I put them on the rear of the vehicle, they would end up on his shoulders.

This also brings up another question. The toys arms are the same orangy/brown color (from the shoulder to the hands) as the rest of the vehicle but the E Strongarm mold COULD be another color from the elbow down, to break up the color some. I need to watch the toon and see how he was colored in case they did it differently.
    What do you think his arms should be colored?

9. manyoufactsure

The G1 toy has no detail. He is that orangy/brown color except for his black windshield and black/yellow stickers. In alt mode and he has a grey chest, black legs and then stickers that are blue and silver.
    The E Strongarm toy has a ton of molded details so it would be a shame, NOT, to use them and paint them the colors they should be.
    The toy leg stickers are not going to work because they will be on the hood instead of the rear of the vehicle and then be upside down for bot mode.
    Or if I put them on the rear of the vehicle, they would end up on his shoulders.

This also brings up another question. The toys arms are the same orangy/brown color (from the shoulder to the hands) as the rest of the vehicle but the E Strongarm mold COULD be another color from the elbow down, to break up the color some. I need to watch the toon and see how he was colored in case they did it differently.
    What do you think his arms should be colored?

10. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Hmm i couldnt tell you, i may be good at coordinating my clothes but i could not think of paints for anything haha. Specially you, with such great bashes and all i could not tell you. Maybe though, just maybe, you could do like black arms with that orange or brown detail. Im not sure, someone needs to digibash this idea, im better when isee something, im kind of like a visual learner.

11. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Hmm i couldnt tell you, i may be good at coordinating my clothes but i could not think of paints for anything haha. Specially you, with such great bashes and all i could not tell you. Maybe though, just maybe, you could do like black arms with that orange or brown detail. Im not sure, someone needs to digibash this idea, im better when isee something, im kind of like a visual learner.

12. takedown334

takedown334 Response Dispatcher

Well when I volunteered for Emergency Management, Emergency Support Unit. Provided Lights, power and equiptment for emergency incidents. before I had to resign because my current job made it impossible to assist. It's Blue = Diesel and Red = Gasoline.

I hope no one drinks from the Blue gas Tanks.

13. takedown334

takedown334 Response Dispatcher

Well when I volunteered for Emergency Management, Emergency Support Unit. Provided Lights, power and equiptment for emergency incidents. before I had to resign because my current job made it impossible to assist. It's Blue = Diesel and Red = Gasoline.

I hope no one drinks from the Blue gas Tanks.