E.Kruger, Starscream isn't a submissive cowering underling.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ganymede2010, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is it that these writers are determined to re-write the core of this very character? The real Starscream was always quick to challenge and question any plan of attack that Megatron concocted. And never did a day go by did Starscream not remind Megatron that he's a better tactician than he is. There's no tension between the movie Megatron and Starscream. Megatron using Starscream as a punching bag shouldn't be the central focus of their on screen relationship.

The audience needs to believe that Starscream is such a badass, that he wouldn't think twice before questioning Megatrons authority. And above all, he was a complete smart ass. The Movie Starscream is none of these things.

Example, in TF1 when Megatron first saw Starscream in the Dam, and started to chastise him for allowing the humans to take the cube, Starscream sat there and took it like a little bitch. The real Starscream would of said something like this. "It was your incompetence that led to you crash on this planet in the first place not mine. If it wasn't for me you'd still be getting dissected by these insects as we speak".

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    For all we know Kruger's probably building up to it in TF3. Not to mention the fact that Movieverse Megatron doesn't take any crap for insubordination; I mean, he socked Starscream a good one just for taking command even though Megatron was fricking dead! He's probably biding his time.

And Starscream's final line in ROTF was Starscream to a "T"

3. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a feeling he keeps his mouth shut as Movie Megatron would shove his murder arm right in the face of any dissenters. While I do agree that the cowardice persona isn't quite right for Screamer, that's only because I read Reign of Starscream & loved it.

4. Shnomon

Shnomon Member

I'd love to see Starscream reach his breaking point in TF3 and go off on Megs. Hell, I want to see Starscream kick Megatron while he's down, that's what should've happened in ROTF. Doubt it'll ever happen, but it would be nice.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello I am biased fan and I will now teach profissional writer how I want this character to be lik- I MEAN TEACH 'EM the right way!!! YEAH!

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    In TF Rule 34, Starscream is always the bottom.

And Rule 34 is always right.

7. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Theirs a chance starscream is gonna off megatron not even 30 minutes into the next film. Megatron's only weapon is in pieces all over the floor in Egypt and hes missing half his face.

I bet starscream would whip around with his saw and cut megatron open like a trout then finish him off execution style while hes down. This megatron is far less lenient then other megatrons. He kneed screamer in the face for simply leading while he was incapacitated.

starscream is being smart and biting his tongue while he waits for his chance to take back leadership.

8. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Yeah, because why would any character ever change in a new incarnation of the franchise? That's just stupid!

Fixed.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    And then Megatron would shoot him and Starscream would cry like a little bitch

10. AMG

AMG Old School

It's a different universe. This Starscream fears Megatron and bows to his every command without question. That's just the way it is.

11. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Heck I'm not even sure if G1 Starscream was like that, he was so inconsistent, one day he'd foolishly shoot Mega in the back outta nowhere, the other he's crying like a baby and not even trying to betray.

12. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

...It's because in an 80's cartoon for children, you can't just get shot for being insubordinate. In a live action movie, you can- especially when your leader is a power-crazy, ruthless killing machine.

13. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

That was G1 Starscream, this Starscream is a bit more different. But I have a feeling that Krueger is building it up for TF3. Something to make all the geewunners pee themselves with joy :lol 

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't see how this is hard to understand.

And Starscream's always been a coward. THIS Starscream just knows to not act like a moron in front of the boss.

15. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 Prowl wasn't a motorcycle and didn't know cybertronian martial arts that Animated Prowl does!

OUTRAGE

16. Screamer55

Screamer55 Well-Known Member

I have't posted anything on this site before but this just grabbed my fullest attention.
    Ganymede is very right. This movie starscream is one of the most pitiful incarnations of Starscream of all time. Looks nothing like him. Acts hardly like him.

I wasn't around watching G1 back in those days but did watch quite a few eps that feature the bulk of Starscream's personality.
    I have come to the conclusion that Starscream just begs for mercy when he knows he can't win. As weak as that is, he isn't a complete coward and attempted to kill Megatron like 5 times and was only killed when Galvi came along. It takes a lot of guts to shoot someone way stronger than you.
    Openly insulting Megatron was one of Starscream's best traits too.

ROTF Starscream was also too big of a change from TF1 Starscream because of the:
    Lame voice change. What is wrong with that Adhler guy?
    Not badass anymore.
    Markings that totally destroy the disguise, making Screamer look like a bigger idiot.

Nonetheless, Movie Screamer has succeeded in bringing fan out of me nonetheless.
    Still, I hate what was done with movie screamer.

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If they're gonna do a subservient Starscream, I'd want him to be a little more like Armada Starscream, who for the most part was a loyal soldier but also a warrior (or as much as he could be in a children's show).

Though some of my previous members are correct, the cowards line was pure Starscream.

18. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I don't like the fact that Starscream acted like that but like people say, different universe, different starscream....

But I changed that in my G1 Remakes... Making Screamer say something that he really would say, I would post it up here but I feel like people would get mad at me for doing so.... x-D

19. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    That's pretty much the case with movie Megatron 24/7 though, Movie Screamer actualy tried to take command after Megatron Mr. Nice-Guy was dead.

That is, WAS dead, but got back even angrier and with a giant cannon to boot, which didn't help at all.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, I thought that RotF Starscream's personality was something like a combination of the Animated Starscream clones Sunstorm and Skywarp, i.e. cowardly and sycophantic. And in turn I thought the Animated clones were a pitch-perfect deconstruction of the central core of "Starscreamness" that has stayed with the character over all these years. We'll just see how the character develops...his smarmy insincerity as he admitted to abandoning Megatron and usurping his command was a highlight of RotF for me.

Also, Movie Starscream kicks so much more ass than G1 Starscream ever did that it's not even funny. He makes Ironhide piss himself in Movie 1 before blowing off BB's legs without a thought...and remember, Movie Bumblebee eats Constructicons for breakfast. He then takes on Ratchet and Ironhide, who spanked Brawl utterly, and rips them to pieces so bad that they are out of the rest of the fight. In Movie 2 Skids, Mudflap, and BB run the shit away from him without even trying to fight. He also deserves credit for his EMP that almost won the Deceoticons the battle in Petragiza.