e-hobby

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Th0r4z1n3, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    ok, i have a question. i've been a transformers fan since the earyl 80's (yea im that old), i recently have gotten into collecting the toys again, both old and new, and have noticed alot of "e-hobby exclusives". the prices on ebay and alot of these other sites seem to very quite a bit. is there a way to order directly from ehobby?
    i've been to their site and it appears to be all in japinese, do they have an area in english that i'm not seeing or am i just going to have to learn to read and write japinese? any help would be greatly apreciated.

also, any collectors in the ohio area might be interseted to know toys-r-us in sandusky ohio has the "clasics" jetfire for sale for only 19.95. from what i've been able to gather the shelf date for these toys isn't until 12-31-06, got mine from there on 12-16-06.

ty in advance, and great site guys!

2. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

is there any more jetfires there?

3. Th0r4z1n3

News Credits:
    when i was there they had about 5 or 6 left, they wouldn't scan because they wern't in the system yet but they just grabbed the voyager class prime and scanned it cuz it was the same price. last i was there was sunday, but your guess is as good as mine if there are any left or if they cought their mistake yet. i'm assuming that there should be, the transformers section seemed to be pretty well stocked compared to the rest of the store, must not be a big trans-town.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    email them; info2@e-hobby.co.jp
    They charge your card twice (once for the price of the item, then the shipping cost), and if you preorder, no deposit is needed, they won't charge you until the item is in stock.
    They only ship via EMS (express shipping), which can be expensive but very fast, and they only charge exact shipping.

edit; and I thought there's some English description for each item?

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    this comment always make me smile.

what do you think is the average age of users here? ;) 

good luck with the ehobby hunting btw :) 

6. Th0r4z1n3

News Credits:
    yea i seen some english discription on some of them but no english on order info, ty for the email addy will give it a shot. any idea on average shipping cost?

7. lobes

lobes You okay, Bumblebee?

im only 17 turning 18 in 2 months.....but i was into g1 since i was 3 or 4. only own g1 toys from when i was a child, no g2 stuff for some reason. i guess they were on clearance around the time i was that age.

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Email them, they will help you :) 

As for the cost,
    http://www.post.japanpost.jp/fee/simulator/kokusai/index.html

The page is in Japanese and the weight (left column, in yellow) is in kg, and the shipping cost to The US is in the second gray column. I paid 4000yen (US$34) for Laser Ultra Magnus. I am in Australia, but the cost is the same from Japan.

Plus you can deduct 5% from the price of the toy, as it is Japanese sales tax which you don't need to pay.

Good luck!

9. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ok, A brief description of the e-hobby line. From what I've seen having followed it for about 5-6 years now, e-hobby is an online store similar to Hasbro's online toy store. What this ment for Transformers fans in the last ten years is we get a lot of repaint as Takara ran their reissue line. We've seen a lot of diaclone repaints as well as some exclusives that were only ever in Japan and a few toys that never existed before.
    From the total line to date, the more popular or lower run toys are
    Black Optimus Prime
    Diaclone Ultra Magnus
    Yellow Ultra Magnus
    Sun Storm - yellow repaint of Star Scream
    Anime Astrotrain
    "Convension exclusives" This was a big release back in 2000/2001 including
    Ironhide/Ratchet, Sideswipe/Red Alert, Hoist/Trailbreaker, Inferno/Grapple, Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Thundercracker, Skywarp.

If you had the extra cash to burn, the first 5 years of 2000 was a good time for collectors of the original Transformer line. It all but seemed to have gone away now with Takara being purchased by another company that has no other interest in Transformers than packaging them with tastlessly dress "girl" figures.

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    not all of those are E-hobbys.