E-Hobby Twincast & Flip Sides

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Sol Fury, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Picked this one up at Auto Assembly yesterday. I've wanted Twincast for a while since I've always liked the idea of a double-cassette deck (for the combiner cassettes).

First impressions, why a Decepticon coloured box? It's just a box, but why Decepticon when the main attraction is an Autobot. Granted, though, Flip Sides IS a Decepticon Sleeper Agent. And it is just a box.

Twincast himself - wow. The colour change is fairly simple, but it makes a world of difference. Very bold, but very impressive. The white offsets against the blue nicely as well.

Flip Sides - cute, very nice colours. The white and pink / pinkish purples work well together to create a feminine persona, but not one that is too overpoweringly female. She's also got the "critical data" stickers on either side of her tape mode, one for Scorponok and one for Fort Max. This is a really cool move given her backstory - she's giving the Autobots false information to lure them into a trap, while giving the Decepticons the key to victory.

Overall, a very nicely done set. E-Hobby did not disappoint with this one.

2. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree, it is very awsome, I feel its well worth what I payed for it. Too bad he only came with 1 cassette, I mean, he can hold 2, so give him 2. But other than that, I love him and Flipsides.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed, great toy. I have no idea why the original was so expensive, but I'm glad it was reissued. I wish it had a damn Autobot symbol, though.

And I wish there were more reissues on the way.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The fact he's only got one cassette doesn't bother me at all. The only reason Soundblaster's reissue had two was that just being a black Soundwave with a larger tapedeck wouldn't cut it on its own, Takara needed to do something to make it more appealing.
    The double cassette deck is great though if you own any of the cassette combiner teams - I always imagined if they'd been in the show that they'd eject and combined as they came down. I've done it with Soundblaster and Squawkbox, now to try it with Twincast and Slamdance :D 

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I love twincast and Soundblaster. Ever since I fist saw Heasmasters and saw them I wanted them, however was NOT going to pay the rediculous prices for the originals. Thank goodness for GOOD choice reissues. Now hopefully they start up again, whith Artfire to go along with stepper :D 

6. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    Im upset they reissued Soundblaster, Twincast & Stepper. I'll leave the hobby if Artfire gets reissued.:mad  Unfortunately Im one of the fools who spent ridiculous amounts on the Originals.:redface2: