E-hobby sets, which one?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 46+2, Dec 13, 2010.

?

which set are you getting?

1. Decepticon

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Autobot

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Both

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. None

9 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

So which one are you getting? i am so excited for these! All that crystal goodness, mmm..mm!! I can only afford one set and it has to be the decepticon set.

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Right now I've got the autobot one pre-ordered, but they both look pretty good. I may well end up getting both. My wallet, it doth cry.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Getting both. Soooo beautiful.

4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I'm getting both. But if it were to be only one it'd be the Autobot for it's more unique, but not necessarily more pretty.

Randy

5. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    I have always loved the blues Kup is wearing in the Autobot set, so I think it's prettier. Thankfully clear Decepticons hold no sway over me, since I actually could have afforded to order both sets. Agh.

6. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

That rodimus would look nice next to my "sons" rodimus. Aghh! Crystal overload.

Yep! I may try and do both.

7. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I want them both so badly...

But do I need a middleman to buy them?

8. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Nope, they're available for pre-order at Robot Kingdom (best price), BBTS, and TFSource.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want both but.... i'll have to see how i'm doing after the MP Rodimus purchase. As of right now, I keep going back and forth but the Autobot set has my money.

10. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Most likely just the Autobot.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    File early if you're owed a tax refund at all. These sets are the best repaints I've seen 2010 Unicron.

12. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Yes he does, as he can't order them directly from e-Hobby if he doesn't live in Japan, so he needs BBTS, TFSource, etc to be the middle man. Charging more as they have to make some money on this too.

Randy

13. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    I was only really interested in the Autobot set originally due to Kup and the clear blue Rodimus. The clear decepticons look super good as well though so I'm going to get that set as well. Totally excited for a clear Cyclonus

14. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

The Autobot set looks soooooooo good. I'd really buy it just for that gorgeous Rodimus.

Decepticon could be good too, but I'll see about that soon enough. Comes down to $$ available.

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    None. The Decepticon set looks really sharp, but I can't justify paying ~$120 for a set of three Deluxes just because they're translucent and Japanese.

Not impressed with the Autobot set at all. I assume the Junkion retool will make it over here eventually, Kup doesn't look any better than the Hasbro version and blue Rodimus doesn't make any obvious sense to me.

16. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Decepticons look kind of pretty, but the Autobots look atrocious.

17. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Both.

Easily. :D 

18. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

That junkion warrior should've matched wreck-gar a little better. And kup looks like all the other versions to me. But man that rodimus is truly stunning. This set needs a LED matrix for roddy.

19. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    uhg i want both of these but Im having such a tough time deciding, i know i only can buy one after just having picked up an HA Mudflap, Battle In Space Set, Protector, and an upcoming MP Rodimus i know I've spent too much. So now I've only got enough budget for one :( 

If it has to be one though its gonna be the Autobot set, simply because the Cons set (though crystal, epic, and awesome) contains 2 molds that i already have 2 figures of. I've already got Uni 2.0 Galvatron and Challenge at Cybertron Galvatron as well as Uni 2.0 Cyclonus and Battle In Space Cyclonus so getting crystals of them is waaaaaay overredundant for me, i may only be getting the Hasbro Scourge when he comes out but still that means with the purchase of the Crystal Cons set im gonna have 2 of that mold as well.

However that problem also applies to the Autobot set for me. lol. I already have Classics, Henkei, Crystal Henkei, and Battle In Space Rodimus as well as the forthcoming TFCC Sideburn coming my way and now I'll be getting the Matrix Glow Crystal one from this set. So that means ill have like 6 versions of this mold, but that clear blue glow he has about him and the almost negative look to his colors really attracts me. Kup looks glorious in his G1 Colors with battle damage jsut as Kup should look, old and shit-piecey. lol. Scrap-Heap means nothing to me but he looks likea good generic Junkion for my hasbro Wreck-Gar to ride in vehicle mode.

So long story way short, get the autobot set, more bang for your buck and you likely wont have nearly as many of the Autobot molds as you do Decepticon ones, that is unless your a stupid glutton for punishment on the Rodimus mold like myself.

20. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm getting both and am now more excited for the Decepticon three-pack than the Autobot set. If I was forced to get only one initially I would've wanted the Autobots more mostly for the Junkion and blue Hot Rod...but seeing the pics of the three Decepticons this morning really wowed me.