e-hobby NEW Limited item

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Masabon, Nov 13, 2010.

1. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    they really should do a galvatron II version.

2. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorta interesting that only the Kup and Roddy shadows have blue optics. The Junkion is either A)still hostile to them, B)not an autobot, or C)simply has red eyes...
    hmmmm... I take it back, this is not interesting.

3. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    This could be highly interesting indeed. If only for the Junkion and another Rodimus.

4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Thank you. :) 

I'd love it, but the rumor is these are animation versions.

The Junkions have red eyes in the cartoon, making them look evil. But not every character with red eyes is evil in the show (like Hot Spot, Pipes, and Metroplex for example).

Randy

5. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

so how does one here in the us order from ehobby and do they take paypal?

6. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'll have to wait for the likes of BBTS/TFSource to put pre-orders up, if memory serves me correctly e-Hobby don't ship outside Japan.

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I think you guys are misunderstanding what I was saying. Here's what I meant

Hasbro/Takara might (but probably not) be re-releasing figures after obtaining the knowledge of third party add-ons so they can make more money by selling hard to find figures (we all know that is the goal right? To make money?). That is why I mentioned if they had done this for Ultra Magnus they would have made more money, by selling more Ultra Magnus figures. Instead the figure goes for like 4x what it did before the armor was released

I know there's only a 0.1% chance I'm right but that was my point. Not that Fansproject is working with Hasbro/Takara or that they are making any kind of money off of third party properties themselves

I know the most likely event is just that they are banking on the whole celebrate 2010 deal by releasing figures from the 1986 movie that took place in 2010

8. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    Your last paragraph is right, the likelihood of the previous paragraphs is most certainly not correct. I'm sure it has little to no impact on their sales.

Correct, they used to but stopped just prior to the Ironhide Protect Black reissue.

Why do you even think that? TakaraTomy doesn't re-release convention exclusive redecos, especially not because some fan boys may want him to go with a 3rd party accessory - I'm presuming that's the reason for someone to think this because people want him to go with the black FansProject Protector accessory?

He's going to be cartoon based according to the information released - so he'll likely be similar to the Challenge at Cybertron/Battle in Space Hot Rod. Though I'm hoping he's magenta and features some better colors & details.

Randy

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    Awesome. I think Junkion's face is a lot better than Wreck-Gars. But I've always liked the Junkion's better than Wreck-Gar. I try to get all the E-Hobby figures I can now....because not only are they mostly cool figures, but the resell value just keeps going up.

10. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Some might argue that the Takara Dirge is less attractive than the Hasbro version as some don't like the medium grey colouring on it.

11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I definetly would like a Cy-Kill re-paint/tool of Wreck-Gar.

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a whole lotta conjecture in this thread being thrown around as fact. Maybe we should wait until ehobby shares a little more information.

Except for Kickback. He knows unspeakable things.
    ;) 

13. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    So why isnt blurr included? or even perceptor

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will be cool if Wreak Gar is re-tooled into a Junkion warrior! I'm not sure how this Kup will turn up. My gut feel is that the Decepticons could be Hasbro's "Challenge of Cyberton" colours including Rodimus; which I believe has yet to be reissued under TakaraTomy?

With regards to 3rd company's releases such as the Ultra Magnus and Rodimus sets, IMO Hasbro and TakaraTomy is willing to ignore (for now) that because unlike KOs, the buyer would need the actual/official toy for the "add-on" parts to be of value.

15. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Yo that Kup looks tight as hell!!!

16. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Random speculations ;

CYCLONUS : He might well be similar to either the Hasbro (G1 toy / Universe toy) colours or he could simply be the Japanese release of the the most recent greyish purple 2 pack/3 pack version.

I'd not mind another shade of purple or a bluish one with properly coloured shoulders... extra Cyclonus toys are never a chore though as his Targetmaster can be borrowed by Kup, Blurr, Scourge and others. and each new colour means the targetmaster is a new colour too.

GALVATRON : They could make him the same pinkish purple or lillac purple as some previous Galvatron toys.
    Bare in mind the ones we have had so far have mostly be a variation on shades of grey and none are really purple. so a purple one is the obvious colour choice.

SCOURGE : If he's a different colour from the United or the Generations/RTS one he can be the leader scourge and the others repositioned as the sweeps or they could market the new one as a sweep as a complement to the Junkion. but the purchaser might like to reverse that intention.

JUNKION : no surprises here - only issue is if the repaint is going to have a hasbro version or if Hasbro have yet to realise that the mold is equally ideal for Energon Highwire with that head on it.
    Which raises the question of a possible Energon boxed set with Energon Megatron/Galvatron & Highwire in it to make further use of the moulds of Wreck Gar/ Junkion & Thunderwing/Black Shadow?

Hot Rodimus : I'd guess the same deco as the most recent 2 pack is most likely (hopefully with clear windows). I can't really see them doing a hate plague version say.

KUP : I suppose he could be animation colours or toy colours as the Hasbro one seems a bit green to me. rather than teal he could also be rust/dirt free.
    It's not impossible that they could go crazy and give Cyclonus' Targetmaster to Kup and say it's Orion Pax and friend. but that would leave Cyclonus without a gun then. an alternative colour one might be OK though.

I suppose a future possible use might be :
    Trailbreaker (1984) - Autobot Defensive Strategist - www.tfu.info
    Motormouth (1995) - Autobot Backup Support - www.tfu.info
    Crosshairs (1987) - Autobot Weapons Supervisor - www.tfu.info
    Calcar (1993) - Decepticon Battle Analyst - www.tfu.info
    Scorch (1992) - Autobot Rear Guard - www.tfu.info
    Electro (1994) - Autobot Street Defense - www.tfu.info
    Ironhide (2001) - Autobot - www.tfu.info

---

I'd say in general there's some ideas here that are not inherently bad but that perhaps I'd have liked to see Takara using the F-15's for exclusives like a Decepticon jet trooper or Sunstorm, or remaking their own previous exclusives like Deep Cover, Clampdown, Detritus, Road Rage, or doing something like Stepper and Artfire all using classics moulds.

They might also have considered we could still do with a (Voyager) Galaxy Force Starscream repaint as Ramjet, Skywarp, Thundercracker, or Sunstorm or even Acid Storm.

It would be rude to call the set superfluous though.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's the 15th. So... where is the reveal?

18. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    The site doesn't actually say anything about a reveal on the 15th. Just that "exclusive merchandise" is in the works to celebrate the anniversary.

19. stprime

stprime Exclu-DEAD

i want a magenta rodimus :D 

20. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    Me too, me too. :) 

Randy