e hobby jets question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by rare candy, Nov 8, 2006.

1. rare candy

rare candy Member

how many of each were produced by e hobby?

skywarp
    thundercracker
    thrust
    ramjet
    sunstorm

and also are there any differences between these and the ones that hasbro released (i.e. skywarp and thudercracker)?

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    ehobby only does exclusives, i beleive, so only sunstorm is correct...but i could be wrong...

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    e-Hobby doesn't "produce" any Transformers toys anymore than Wal*Mart or Target produce Transformers toys.

Also, of the toys you mention, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Thrust and Ramjet were convention exclusives. Only Sunstorm was actually available via e-Hobby.

Thundercracker, Skywarp, Thrust and Ramjet were supposedly limited to 1,000 pieces each. No idea about Sunstorm.

Differences between these and the Hasbro reissues would be the lengthened missiles for the Hasbro versions as compared to the original-length missiles from the Takara ones.

4. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    was Dirge not done in those convention exclusives?

5. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Starscream, T-cracker, and skywarp were 1,000. I think Dirge, thrust, and ramjet were limited to 800.

Sunstorm was a e-hobby release when they released Starscream as part of the TFC numbered box collection, iirc.

Not sure I am right, but that is what I recall.

6. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Actually, apparently they didn't sell out at the conventions and some were sold via e-hobby, but not many and it wasn't their primary outlet. I don't think all of them were available that way but I can't remember which...

Phazer

7. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ....and for the sake of clarity, the launcherson the TRU versions were retrooled internally as well. Meaning that the longer/less pointed missiles cannot be swapped out for the earlier version.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I have all those...got them from BBTS back in 2001. TC, SW, Ramjet, THrust and dirge.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you mean? The Japanese convention versions of Thundercracker and Skywarp's missle launchers could not fit into the US reissued one?

10. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dirge WAS done, and was supposed to be sold with Thrust and Ramjet at a particular show. However, somethign went awry. I'm a touch fuzzy here, but I recall that he was either late, underproduced, or both, and was cut from the set before it was released. Either way, 800 is the production number for Dirge that springs to mind.

I had one on pre-order as part of the set of three at the time, and ened up having to eBay for it. Someone there bilked me for $130 on it, and got a bunch of other people too. One of those buyers who looked fine but apparantly went bad. Didn't help that other buyers of it had been stupid enough to leave positive feedback BEFORE ever seeing their merch...