E-Hobby Exclusives Question-Sold in sets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transmetropolitan, Jul 24, 2007.

1. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Hey,
    At Botcon 2004 I purchased a Sunstorm and Grapple together, that's the only way the dealer was selling them. Both came in a sealed shipping box. I know they also had pairs for some of the G1 cars, available at conventions in Japan. For these older e-hobby exclusives, did you have to buy them as a set from e-hobby, or could you purchase them individually?

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Those were sold only as sets, probably to keep the more popular figures (Sunstorm) from getting sold out and leaving a ton of unsold crap (Hauler).

Clamp Down and Deep Cover were sold in sets, so were a few other various cars, but later on the E-Hobby stuff came out one figure or set (Clone Army, Twincast) at a time and this wasn't a problem.

3. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    The older sets were only sold as pairs. If they were broken up, that was done at the digression of the owner, not e-Hobby.

just off the top of my head ...
    convention - Ironhide / Ratchet
    convention - Grapple / Inferno
    convention - Skywarp / Thundercracker
    convention - Red Alert / Sideswipe
    convention - Hoist / Trailbreaker
    e-Hobby - Clampdown / Deepcover
    e-Hobby - New Year's Red Alert / Sideswipe
    e-Hobby - Crosscut (silver Skids) / Roadrage (red Tracks)
    e-Hobby - Sunstorm / Hauler

I know a combination of Thrust / Ramjet or Thrust / Dirge was done at a convention too with the odd ball sold separately.

Seems like e-Hobby Astrotrain started the single figure releases.