e-HOBBY Exclusive Twincast SOLD OUT - Listings for Galaxy Force Primus and USA SW/TFs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    E-Hobby has a <a href="http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?&port=33301&req=PRODUCT&code=primus" target="_blank">Preorder page up for Galaxy Force Primus</a>, thanks to TF @ TM for the heads up on that one.

However, I also noticed while looking at their <a href="http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?&port=33301&req=DIR&code=TRANSFORMERS_EHOBBY" target="_blank">exclusive figure listings</a> that the e-Hobby Exclusive Twincast is marked as SOLD OUT.

Plus under their "USA" section there are listings for <a href="http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?&port=33301&req=DIR&code=McFAREN" target="_blank">USA Star Wars Transformers</a>. Thanks to <a href="http://www.theallspark.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1872" target="_blank">The Allspark for the SW/TF bit</a>.

2. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    im still surprised there hasnt been any pictures of it in its package yet. considering its coming out it aobut 1 1/2 months

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Unlike Hasbro toys, we don't always see all upcoming Takara toys in their packaging before the official release date.

4. Sepultron

Sepultron .

Waitaminnut... Twincast "sold out" as in "we're not taking any more preorders", or "sold out" as in "even if you preordered it the day that -insert online toy store name here- put it up on their 'site you're still SOL"??

5. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

All it means is that they're sold out at E-Hobby, i.e. they have little or no stock left in their warehouses. So, all their distributors have cleaned them out.

The online stores will accept preorders up until their stock is depleted. This means 1 of 2 things:

1) Online stores have overestimated Twincast demand and there will be a large aftermarket supply (i.e. price will drop eventually)
    2) E-Hobby has grossly underestimated demand and supply will be low (price will rise)

6. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    "sold out" Twin Cast = marketing move?

This might freak people out into preordering. Look at all the recent releases, Galvatron, Star Convoy, Pepsi Prime ... seems like there's way too many of those around and eHobby wants to lock in sales.

7. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

That would make sense if the online stores started saying low stock or sold out.

If anything, I'm sure stores will start putting up "Sold out at E-Hobby, can't get any more after initial stock/supply. Preorder yours now!"

But in terms of E-Hobby, them saying they're sold out at the supplier level won't help their sales too much. They don't directly provide to consumers, only to the distributors.

8. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AFAIK, Ehobby makes an estimate of how many figures to order based on their preorders, but maybe they also have a quanity limit? lets not forget the Fire Guts Ginrai fiasco years ago

9. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Whatever. This is akin to a Marvel/DC press release saying "OMFG, Crisis of the Son of the Infinite 198 Other Ms #3 has sold out; 2nd printing variant on the way!!!11one!"...two weeks before the issue even hits the racks.

BTW, Star Convoy is on clearance at BBTS.

10. onaka pekopeko

onaka pekopeko Devouring the universe!

I thought the e-Hobby exclusives were all limited to 1,000 or 1,500 pieces. I could be wrong...

Anyway, I think a lot of people really want this item. Look at Cobalt Sentry or Anime Astrotrain. Those were real hot-ticket items that sold out lightning fast. One year ago, I searched all over Tokyo and Osaka for Anime Astrotrain. I found lots of rare figures including Tigertrack, Black Tracks, even Movie Preview Ultra Magnus, but no Anime Astrotrain.

Despite what Takara might think, not everyone is interested in having yet another Convoy...

11. ikado

ikado Cuttlebot

Ebay:
    Scared me into pre-ordering! I missed Astrotrain and it won't happen again!

12. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    I could be wrong also, but I thought they announce limited runs. Hmmm ...

for Takara, pooping out more Convoys is an easy way for them to make money. After G2 Battle/Laser Prime ... what's left? The G2 with the funky voice box?

13. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

G2 Hero Prime, and Machine Wars Prime if they wanna give the Japanese fans a "new" Convoy.

There's other things they can do, like Star Saber, Dai Atlas, Deszaras, etc. Hell, who knows, maybe a Metroplex reissue with a eHobby Metrotitan?

14. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

Definitely wouldn't mind a Star Saber or Victory Leo reissue.

15. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I have a sneaking suspicion that Twincast is going to end up being like the next Anime Astrotrain. Hope everyone who wanted one has got their preorders in.

16. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    This would not surprise me.

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm embarrased to say I did the same.
    :tongue: 

18. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im glad I preordered mine now when it first was offered!

19. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya I have to admit I ordered this guy from Action Toy House as soon as the pre-order came up for this very reason, now I'm very glad I did.

20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Add me to the list of people who just quickly pre-orderred after seeing this :lol