E-Hobby Encore Guardian Robot HELP thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Is there anybody here that lives in Japan that can help us get the E-Hobby Encore Guardian Robot? The online scalpers are already putting up pre-orders & we need some help to fight back!

2. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    keep in mind that the straight conversion from Yen to dollars right now is roughly 130.00 bucks. That does not include shipping, which is probably another 25-50 dollars depending on the price of fuel when the items ships. Don't blame the online scalpers, blame the high cost of fuel and the weak dollar.

3. Izzo01

Izzo01 Well-Known Member

how much are the preorders and where at ?

edit : nvm 219.00 dose seem high I figure right around 180 ish would be about fair. Maybe we can get a groupbuy going with TFsouce like they did on Masterpiece Megs

Put me Down on the list if we can get something going.

4. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    *adds name to list*

Please include me in on this.

5. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    seriously if we start a list i want on

6. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Sign me up for the list if it's for real.

7. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IIRC, E-Hobby no longer have an "International orders division" which may make it more costly for dealers to obtain them.

The state of the Dollar at the moment probably doesn't help either.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've already pre-ordered it at BBTS. Yes the price sucks, but I want it and really would rather have the piece of mind knowing I have one secured.

9. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    AMEN.
    i grabbed 2....plus sept is quite a while away...better to get it with some mark up now than trying to get it on FEE BAY with lots more markup....

10. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

So how did the TFsource & MP Megatron thing work? I wasn't into that but I remember the MP Starscream help thread.

11. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want one so bad! wish he was not so much:( 

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i am gonna need to call in a favor to get him:D 

13. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    basically trying to get someone in japan to get these things bagged (bought) and then mailed for you for retail, meaning nothing for their time or effort....GOOD LUCK....the BBTS price really is not that bad of a mark up considering that it will be costing them retail ($132) plus shipping to get it from Japan to them ($20 to $30 possibly per unit) so there is $150 to $160 already...so they might be clearing $50 to $60 on a E-hobby release.....again how is that a bad price....christ look at the $150 green rescue ratchet....there were not legions of fans crying about that price.....

14. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    And the green Ratchet is still sitting there....

Like someone else mentioned, doesn't BBTS get these in bulk? Meaning cheaper than $130?

15. LSB

LSB Well-Known Member

I live in Japan and know an exporter.

16. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    one word: EBAY

17. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well the Ehobby black Ratchet was $70 at BBTS, and at TFSource $65 ($55 now for the Botcon sale). So they are basically charging $5 less, which is hardly savings compared between the two (without taking the sale into consideration). Both are selling them for twice the price of the regular Ironhide/Ratchet releases. I can't see TFsource or any other online store for that matter selling the Guardian for less than $200.

Besides, BBTS has great customer service, if you get stuck with a defective toy, they will replace it. Many online stores won't do that with imports. Plus, you don't have to pay until the pre-order ships, so you have 4 months to save up for it, plus it gives people who never owned Omega a chance to buy one in June and decide if they like the mold enough to buy the repaint.

I get tired of hearing people complain about BBTS prices. Yes they charge a few bucks more for short packed figures when they first come out in a wave (Gijoes, movie transformers etc.) But no one mentions how they sell many of the others for a considerable amount less than retail or equal to. Plus they will sell you the whole wave with the short packed for less if you buy them as a wave. Also no online store will sell high demand discontinued figures for retail, they always follow secondary market pricing (Beast Wars, G1 etc). They are entitled to mark ups, they are a business, not a charity, and they are one of the few online retailers who are constantly expanding, not failing like so many do, so they must be doing something right.

The bottom line is people might be able to score one for $30 to $40 less if they try hard enough. I don't really care to, and this way I know 100% I am getting one. I can save up, and beside my B-day is in September so this and Metroplex x 2 will be my gift from the wife, easy for her, no shopping. I have no problem paying $220 for a limited figure which is a killer repaint and will probably never get produced again. If you have a friend though to hook you up, awesome:) 

18. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I always get my stuff cheaper than BBTS prices, they charge too much for shipping & 99% of the stuff I want is always SOLD OUT. So they're not my 1st choice.

I'm not willing to blow an extra $90.00 if I don't have to. Money is VERY DIFFICULT to obtain these days. I don't blow extra money if I can help it.

19. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wasn't directing that at you directly, but honestly for the most part, their prices are the same as many of the other online retailers. I get most of my Transformers locally, but when I need imports I go to TFSource. I do buy many of my 1/6 scale figures at BBTS though (Sideshow, Hot Toys etc.).

I say kudos to you for you being able to get things cheaper. If you can get if for somewhere else for less, that is awesome:)  I do the same thing when possible. After all money saved is money that can go into possibly buying more Transformers. My main point like unicronhq is that unless you have a friend to hook you up directly in Japan, It is not very likely you are going to get it cheaper at any other online retailer.

20. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    No the world does not = cheaper when bought in bulk , especially TF's/
    the green guy could only get bought if you bought a $30 book and completed a order form to a magazine in japan that it was issued via....thus the result is more work and more money....plus the green ratchet is a uniform $150 via most of the online distributors(NOT COUNTING FEE BAY) so there is no global online conspiracy to keep the price high/

my point is ....good luck with the help thread....just do not wait too long or you might not get a chance at this TF....plus the prices that other ehobbys sell for now....even for people that collect MISB....if you ever got tired of looking at this repaint...I would bet you at the very least would recover your money $ for $.....