e-Hobby announces "USA Edition" Moledive and Blender

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, May 17, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    surprised that they'd wait until moledive is already showing up in places in the US before making their announcement...

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Blender - 3,500 Yen
    Moledive - 4,500 Yen

Both shipping in October.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm rather suprised that TRU Japan's not releasing these two... But then if they're releasing CYB Primus with UniHead, I guess it does make some sense...

5. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yeah... pay more and wait till october or pay less and get one right away, and the other in a few months... hmm... decisions decisions... hehehe

6. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I wonder if they're gonna be in GF packaging... I doubt it...

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    October? Damn, 10 months after the line ends. Not exactly speedy. Funny though, since that's the same kind of gap we had with GF figures vs Cybertron counterparts.

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yeah... I was hoping that GF was going to release these two but looks like it never happened...:( 

Oh well, I'm sure the CYB ones will sate me... Minus the paint apps that most likely would've made it on GF versions...:lol 

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

October???

..and why no ArmBulllet?? (can't remember exact JP name)

10. REDLINE

News Credits:
    revenge is sweet! :p  we had to wait forever, but we got figures that GF never did wooot

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yeah it was Armbullet...

And not only him, what about CYB Downshift??? Thats another one??? But at least he wasn't in the show... But since they released Hardtop, I guess they're not going by that criteria...:confused: 

12. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

ah well, who is actually going to pay for the overpriced E Hobby versions when you can get them domestically in the cybertron line? I'm not even getting either of them, they are 2 ugly bots.

13. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They'll be the standard US versions in US packaging, just like every other USA edition aside from a couple minor exceptions (like Crytoek's spark avatar).

14. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Call me crazy, but I don't think the NA collectors are the ones e-hobby is trying to market these two releases to, just a hunch.

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I'd wager Downshift didn't make the cut for the same reason Takara had concerns about the BT/Alt Ram mold - both are very much North American styled cars.

They should really have included Armbullet. The basic idea is a sound one though; Some of the prices asked for Cybertron only toys on Japanese auctions sites are exploitative. Especially Downshift.

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    This listing and Kiss Convoy lead me to believe that no TFC or other G1 reissues are scheduled until at least October. We'd have had listings for them by now.

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I dunno man, back when we had the GF/Cyb comparison thread it seemed like the Cyb versions had more paint a lot of the time. I remember preferring the Hasbro version almost every time.

18. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Really??? So far I know that Soundwave and Megalo Convoy are the most recent ones where the GF version had more/better paint apps...

And then there is Noisemaze and Sonic Bomber having the chrome, and I could've sworn First Gunner, Exillion and a bunch of others had better/more paint apps...

19. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Believe it or not there ARE Japanophile collectors who went to the trouble of importing the e-hobby versions of the Universe toys because of the Takara sticker over the barcode. So...

Frankly for the most part most owners will barely be able to tell the difference.

Major Changes:
    Soundwave - Missing vaccum-metalised gold; missing silver paint apps on cheeks and on Laserbeak. Crooked/broken hinge issue fixed.
    Sideways - Missing vaccum-metalised silver, and some paint on the tips of the wings; but has more gold paint on the cockpit section's 'bussard' ramscoops.
    Megatron - Metallic green replaced by a flat green that matches his green plastic colour; and the cartoon colours.
    Wing Saber - Missing vaccum-metalised gold and silver on chest and swords. Some different apps in various areas.
    Jetfire - Missing silver paint on sides of legs/ramscoops; missing yellow paint on wing vents, forehead and detail around Cyber Key slot; missing red paint around the ramscoop on the rear engines.
    Vector Prime - White versus grey plastic; maroon much darker; lack of paint around edges of wing solar panels; softer clear blue plastic; unpainted Cyber Key, missing gold details in various areas...
    Backstop - Grey plastic changed to purple; gold details changed to yellow.
    Clocker - White plastic changed to orange plastic painted metallic white. Pipes painted silver.
    Thunderblast - Face retooled so eyes are level. Missing silver paint on missle storage racks.
    TRU Exclusive Starscream - Deco now resembles Thrust, oddly.

Moderate Changes:
    Optimus Prime - Missing red paint from the top and bottom of his super-mode 'leg guns'; missing gold paint from feet-mounted wheels; missing yellow paint for truck cab's emergency lights; missing blue paint from sides of crotch; sloppier paint on silver chest 'cab lights'.
    Crosswise - Missing or changed gold paint from legs, feet, hands and body; missing or changed paint on car rear indicator lights. Missing silver paint on tops of pop-up missing racks.
    Crumplezone - Changed green paint and missing silver paint on tips of feet (now green occupies area where silver was); missing green trip around cockpit; missing yellow paint for rear lights; missing gold paint on turbine vent and missile bay details.
    Ransack - Missing gold paint around cuffs on arms; missing red paint on crotch; missing black paint on heel spurs and on sides of feet; unpainted Cyber Key.
    Metroplex - Lighter blue paint replaced by dark blue. Insides of shoulders unpainted.
    Mudflap - Silver paint on side-mounted crane stabilisers; boom arm of crane changed to black; Missing gold paint from front grill.

Minor Changes:
    Galvatron - (Can vary) Bright yellow decos replaced by metallic gold.
    Cybertron Defence Scattorshot - Chest vent details painted differently. Front of missing bays missing tan deco. Vanguard Team logo moved and enlarged.
    Cybertron Defence Red Alert - Chest vent details painted differently. Main gun/missile painted differently. Orange chest lights and red gun paint only painted on top or facing sides.
    Lugnutz - Yellow flames replaced by metallic gold.
    Evac - Orange not painted on band that goes across wrist-mounted doors.
    Undermine - Red deco missing from roof of dinosaur mouth.
    Recon Mini-con Team - Red missing from Jolt's feet; white missing from top of his rotor assembly; white missing on the bottom of his canopy. Orange changed to metallic orange, painted moreso on Reverb's chest. Extra cartoon-accurate gold details on area behind cockpit.
    Overhaul - Missing green on feet so (in theory) they match the front of the vehicle.
    Brakedown - Brown/tan paint changed to metallic gold.
    Red Alert - Gold paint added to shoulders for show accuracy; clear red plastic changed tint so red becomes invisible under it... like G1 tech-spec readers, oddly enough.
    Override - Less stripes on front of car/legs. Gold added to rear of vehicle.

No Changes or none worth mentioning:
    Hot Shot
    Cybertron Defence Hot Shot
    Thundercracker (addition of Decepticon symbol)
    Landmine
    Scrapmetal

I can't remember:
    Snarl/Fangwolf
    Brimstone/Terrashaver

20. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I read somewhere that TakTom stuff mentioning how they intended to continue TF line. They had some surprise (bah) in order for the fans in summer (MP-3) and in autumn. Autumn surprise must be these figures, so that's about it :(