E-Hobbies G1 Starscream Ghost

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hello there. I have a question regarding E-Hobbies G1 mold of Starscream's Ghost. I just got mine in the mail today and I love it! It's awesome! However, I noticed his arms a bit loose in robot mode. I don't see anything physically wrong with it, but upon closer inspection, I noticed where the hinges are inside the red metal frame, the pegs seem to be tad smaller than the holes. With my other Encore seeker jets, they are nice and tight in this area.
    So my question is, is this normal with Starscream's Ghost figure to have loose arms?

Everything else is perfect and I have nothing to complain about. But I am wondering about his arms. Where his arms are "screwed-into place", those are nice and tight. Actually, too tight as I had to loosen them a bit. But, it's just too loose in the red area.

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what you just described is the same with the black ss versions as well. the arms flop all around. at least mine does.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've noticed that with my black and ghost versions. No big deal to me but I can confirm they are the same, in case you were worried it had been opened or had play wear.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, my first reissue Starscream had that problem as well. Just pop it open and fix it, doesn't take very long:thumbs2: 

5. Tigertrack

Cool, thank's guys! My Encore seekers have been flawless! Their nice and tight. Only my ghost was floppy, but livable.
    What was the fix? I've already opened the chest area up because during transformation I had the two halfs "arms" so close and tight inside the fuselage they wouldn't budge. They were stuck in mid-transformation and I didn't want to use any force and brake him. So, I unscrewed the three chest screws and loosed the arms out of position.
    But, arms are still floppy in robot mode.
    Chris, I'm curious as to how you fixed it? I was thinking of some sort of bushing or something, but that could make him too tight?
    Also, is this something to look out for when purchasing Sunstorm as well?

Second question. Should my ghosts avoid direct sunlight like Jetfire?

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have the first Japanese reissue Starscream and his arms were floppy too. They fixed it by the time the reissue was released in the U.S.

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    The original Japanese reissues of Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust, Ghost Starscream, and Black Starscream all have super loose arms. They all came that way.

When they started the US reissues and the TF Collection reissues (Anime & Sunstorm) the issue had been fixed. So yes it's normal for any of those first Seeker reissues to have super loose arms.

Randy

8. Tigertrack

Only my ghost is loose.

9. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    You must not have the original Japanese reissues then and perhaps a Hasbro reissue, an original G1, Encore, or TF Collection.

Randy

10. Tigertrack

I fixed Mr. Loosy Goosy! I took a piece of hose that I had laying around.
    [​IMG]
    Cut a small piece off, and slipped it over the hinges here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And there you have it, nice tight (but not too tight) arms!
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, I didn't have the right ruler on hand to measure the length of the tube that I cut, but I think it was about 1-2mm in length. Anyway it was a very simple fix and now his arms stay pretty much where I put him and he can still easily transform.
    The half that goes into the red chest area does not need a piece of hose. Just leave it as is. Plus, it's a much tighter area anyway. Only the lower part needed the hose.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man, who put stickers on a clear figure! That is a big no no

12. Tigertrack

I DID! AND I LIKE IT! :D 

What, no comments on my handy repair job?

13. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    Nice job on the repair and the stickers do look good on him.

Randy

14. Tigertrack

Thank's, only stickers I don't like are his bra ones. They always seem to come off on these figures, so I don't even bother with them.
    I'm still surprised none of my other seekers have this issue. Not even my original 1980's Thrust is loose.
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the clear plastic not being as tight as the colored ones?

15. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    It's common with all first run Japanese reissue Seekers. So if you have any of the Original Japanese Reissues of the below you'll have that issue.

Starscream
    Skywarp
    Thundercracker
    Ramjet
    Thrust
    Dirge
    Ghost Starscream
    Black Starscream

By the time they got to the USA versions and the TF Collection versions (Anime Starscream & Sunstorm) they had fixed the issue.

Randy