Digibash: Dynobots Upgrade

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by maximus_primal, Sep 3, 2009.

1. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

UPDATED Dynobots Upgrade

After seeing WhiteMocha's digibash of the Dinobots Botcon idea, it got my wheels turning. What would the Dinobots look like if Grimlock decided it was time his team ditched their dinosaur modes for more mobile alternate modes reminiscent of their cybertronian modes. Oh and at some point these will become kitbashes.

I decided not to do Grimlock since the obvious one from him is the Univ. Onslaught that everyone else is doing and is perfect for him. As for Swoop I liked WhiteMocha's idea he did with Cyclonus to Swoop (and you can't be perfection) so I just did the jet and tried to match the jet mode to his robot mode.

Sludge I really thought I wanted my mine to be really big and bulky since that is what Sludge is so I digibashed Countdown.

Snarl I always felt he should be a little smaller and quicker than the heavy armor guys but still can hang in a fight. So I used CD Hot Shot for him.

As for Slag, he was tough. I liked the idea of Arm. Demolisher but I didn't think he was big enough for what I was going for. After searching and mulling it over I finally settled on CD Scattorshot (plus I have an extra one minus the head to use (BONUS)). He has the spikes on the front so that he can ram things. After I got done I think you can kind of see Slag in him, maybe.

UPDATE: After Redline's great advise I have changed Snarl to Slag and given Snarl a new mode. The robot mode of Hot Shot (based off my discussion with WhiteMocha) gives him the wings off the shoulder to look more like Snarl. So the story on his alt mode would be that Grimlock made him the scout for the Dynobots.

Now what do y'all think? Ya, Na, what the heck are you thinking. :lol 

UPDATED 11-4-09: Okay so doing more planning with my Dynobot idea. If Grimlock was going to get his team upgraded why not untilize the powermaster & targetmaster tech also.

Swoop: becomes a targetmaster with a guy that also changes to Swoops blade weapon.
    Snarl: becomes a powermaster with a guy that also changes to Snarl's secondary weapon.
    Slag: becomes a targetmaster (using the the targetmaster from Univ. Cyclonus. And yes the plan is to attach the minicon to his hood in VM to give him the 3 horn look.
    Grimlock: will become a powermaster, no picture yet still trying to find a minicon I like.
    Sludge: not sure what to do with him. I'm thinking targetmaster but not sure which minicon.

UPDATED 9-5-09 Lot of planning happening on these guys while I am finishing up other projects. I was looking at my separe parts Treadshot (I think that was his name) and looking at Onslaught and CD Hot Shot and got to wondering.

For Grimlock what if i replaced the current turrent with my the weapons system from Treadshot.

For Slag what if replaced the wheels with the tracks from Treadshot.

Let me know your thoughts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    those are pretty good ideas. I don't quite follow 100% though. I think the mold for sludge and swoop and grimlock are practically perfect, but I think that you're missing the mark a bit on the other two. I think the hotshot would look just right as slag, and I'm honestly not sure who would be best for snarl. The reason I don't like your choice for snarl, is the bot mode looks nothing like him. his main defining feature is that he has those golden wings. Even his cybertron mode has them, comprised of his treads.

Clearly you can do something different to homage those without them being treads or a tail. I just think you need to do something to address that.

3. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Thanks, good points. I had forgotten that Snarl did have those on Cybertron, so definitely back to the drawing board on him. As for Hot Shot for Slag, I think you might be right. Let me do some digibashing and see what comes of it.

4. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

UPDATED: Slag and Snarl

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Cyclonus= Swoop: Awesome.
    Onslaught=Grimlock: Badass, I would've used Marvel X-overs Hulk, but cool choice.
    Countdown=Sludge: Nice.
    CD Hot Shot=Slag: Cool.
    Cyb. Hot Shot=Snarl: I don't know we know Snarl being war-like, but a car as his alt mode..meh I can deal with that because you explained the reason why. So I'm changing it to Cool.
    So very impressive digibashes maximus primal. Hope to see them as customs very soon.

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    really dig the Red Alert mold as Sludge!

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    all you need now are new heads ;) 

8. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Thanks!

Yeah really like how beefed up it looks

You know it!!! I'm starting to get a nice collection of heads.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    "Make it so!"

Attached Files:

10. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

UPDATED 11-4-09: Okay so doing more planning with my Dynobot idea. If Grimlock was going to get his team upgraded why not untilize the powermaster & targetmaster tech also.

Swoop: becomes a targetmaster with a guy that also changes to Swoops blade weapon.
    Snarl: becomes a powermaster with a guy that also changes to Snarl's secondary weapon.
    Slag: becomes a targetmaster (using the the targetmaster from Univ. Cyclonus. And yes the plan is to attach the minicon to his hood in VM to give him the 3 horn look.
    Grimlock: will become a powermaster, no picture yet still trying to find a minicon I like.
    Sludge: not sure what to do with him. I'm thinking targetmaster but not sure which minicon.

Attached Files:

11. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome idea! I like your choice of figures. They look great in the color schemes of each dinobot. :thumb 

12. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

UPDATED 9-5-09 Lot of planning happening on these guys while I am finishing up other projects. I was looking at my separe parts Treadshot (I think that was his name) and looking at Onslaught and CD Hot Shot and got to wondering.

For Grimlock what if i replaced the current turrent with my the weapons system from Treadshot.

For Slag what if replaced the wheels with the tracks from Treadshot.

Let me know your thoughts.

Attached Files: