Heavy/Scratch: Dynobot SiC Swoop

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Alteron_Sheng, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, here's someone that I've been working on for a while and is now almost entirely done!

All Swoop is missing is the 'membranes' of his wings (I've got clear styrene and translucent red paint waiting) and painting

I'm going to mix up a HUGE batch of red, gold and silver paint and use them on all of the Dynobots to tie them all together thematically;) 

Swoop is made from a Junker Silverbolt (he had no feet, electronics didn't work, his wings had been clipped and his lower arms were damaged) combined with a Junker TFA Starscream (almost no damage but he cost less than 10 bucks and had a floppy main transformation hinge)

His robot-mode head is made from an 8 dollar 'Spock Prime' toy; with FixIt sculpt making his helm
    His wings are made from Bionical parts and skeleflex limbs (Spiniosaur vs. water alien)
    His beast mode head was purposefully made huge to keep his old 'his allies find his alt mode frightening' mystique and is a skeleflex spiniosaur head with the ball joint and pointy tongue being parts from the alien... as are his crest and 'beak'.
    His beast-mode legs are Bionical joints and the feet of the skeleflex alien from the stegosaur set.

He's a tiny bit back heavy (actually due more to his wings and the 'jet pack' I gave him then his head) but he's still incredibly maneuverable and poseable, and his head is on a ball joint and can move around quite a bit, despite the shoulder-guards (needed to transmit the weight of his wings further forward due to weight issues). He has double elbow joints and can open and close his hands and his arms can rotate at the upper arm AND the lower arm. He can still use his knees and thigh rotation, and his feet are now on ball joints and are a bit bigger then his old feet.
    The chest and nose-cone from TFA screamer was added to cover much of the damage the 'bolt toy had, and to give him a differant look (I think the nose cone also adds to his 'Swoop' like apperance.
    Swoop, like all the Dynbots, will have red optics in both modes, I'm a Marvel comics fan first, show second fan;) 
    That's also why Swoop is the SiC of the Dynobots. Grimlock often listened to Swoop and the two tended to stand off to the side dealing with PR or battle stratagies while the other Dynobots argued or wrestled, etc. Best example I can think of for this is 'In the National Interest'

edit: Face FixIt sculpted and painted, hopefully he doesn't look like he's got a piecemiel human face anymore;) 
    ----

Attached Files:

2. caecae22

caecae22 Fifth Face of Darkness

Twitter:
    awesome

3. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Freaking awesome, and a very unique and original version of this character. I imagine the human face used for the robot head will get modified at some point, as it's kind of creeping me out at this point.

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    that is freakin disturbing

5. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    Yes, the human face will be modded a bit. Not too much, but he'll be getting a thin layer of FixIt over his face which I'll sand down to get more of the robot look
    and obviously it'll be painted silver instead of left fleshy;) 

6. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!
    The human face is scaring me though lol.
    Good work!!

7. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If he is in the movie-verse, he'd make a perfect match as Alice's boyfriend.

Anyway, there are bionicle, animated, organic parts all jumbled together with different textures and aesthetics. Will you be doing anything to unify them? Or it is the paint job that will tie them together?

I love the head(s). C'est beastly.

8. Alteron_Sheng

News Credits:
    I'm going to be relying mostly on the paint job, as I like the overall mix of aesthetics
    I'll be using FixIt to help unify it a bit, but *shrugs*
    The human face will be going away! I swear! It will not be staying flesh colored! ;) 
    ...why does everyone seem to think I'd want the face to stay flesh colored? o.0

But I don't think anyone can look at the old Marvel comics and then tell me that they didn't have human-like flexible faces in silver and such for most of the run ;) 
    Which is what I was going for, hence using a 'human' face as the basis
    Plus the organic looking parts (except the bot face) are all beast-mode parts which is why I used skeleflex on them in the first place;) 

Due to the many comments I've already used FixIt to give Swoop a TF 'nose' and fill in the spaces I didn't want. Now it just need to set to be sanded and painted. I'll paint it before the rest of him, since I have the silver paint mixed already ;) 

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    This looks pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the paint and finish.

Nice work :thumb 

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It's hard to believe there's an Animated Screamer underneath all of that awesomeness!

11. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

I say keep the face how it is, but paint it silver like you were. It is creepy, but it fits in with the frightful design of this Swoop. He looks very menacing. Awesome job!

12. Insecticon

Insecticon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love how you did this. A very nice mixture of all kinds of parts make this project of yours very innovative. The human-like face does kind of throw things off, but if you are going for an organic or classic Marvel look, then go for it!
    Looking forward to seeing this finished! :) 

13. hokiecon

hokiecon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is trully amazing. makes me want to get into doing customs.