2D Artwork: Dynamic Optimus Prime Sketch

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by VIZGIX, Sep 8, 2010.

1. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

My take on an Animated Dynamic Optimus Prime. This art style for prime was inspired by Humanoid Kikaider

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Could you describe just what it is that you feel makes this "dynamic" (or your goal of said "dynamism")? I think that would be an important point for you to hone in on with describing this work (especially as compared to say the artwork from Transformers: Animated).

3. VIZGIX

VIZGIX Smug Bastard TFW2005 Supporter

the proportions of Optimus's body are altered to represent distance. i.e. a fist punching toward the veiwer, the fist would be bigger than the rest of the body. his stance, bent knees and arm positions are what im trying to make more dynamic.

Im new to art, so I am practicing this art concept terradestoyer taught me, "dynamic perspective"

4. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

It's more usually known as "forced perspective" and is actually a bit tricky. A good way I've found is to begin by thinking of the line of action.

A good example is here from Preston Blairs book about animation.

You start by directing the force of your pose. Then the perspectice kicks in. Roughly, (at least to me) forced perspective or dynamism is all about using the line of action in perspective.

Don't forget everything else. Anything distorted will only look better if you know how to draw it properly as well. Art is this thing that eats itself to become bigger. Anything you learn is a good thing no matter what you are aiming for.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, this is a good place to practice :) 

Keep it up :thumb