Customs: Dying TFTM '07 Reverb - Thoughts Needed.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Optimist_Prime, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering if one were to take '07 scout Decepticon Reverb as he is now -

[​IMG]

then give him a 15 - 20 second bath in some blue or black RIT dye do you think I could flatten out that olive drab to more of a grey? Opinions from anyone experienced with dying would be very much appreciated.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This may sound odd, but while I see your intentions, I think I'd recommend buying a cheaper, Energon version of the mold to customize. I mean, I'm not one who says "never customize a rare, expensive figure", but I think you could achieve the same goal much more cheaply.

Whatever the case, keep us posted of your results! :thumb 

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    First off I agree with SQ7

But in my experience with dying, it's really hard to get a solid color from a few second dip. Hasbro tends to use 2 to 5 different types of plastic on each figure ie the upper arms might not take to dye as well as the legs or thighs or helicopter blades. Also even a solid piece like just the arm might not be totally solid, sometimes certain pieces come out blotchy no matter what you do and other pieces won't take to dye much at all