Ok so I have been on a Diaclone craze lately. I picked up a junker Powered Convoy trailer. But I needed a blue cab. I missed a yahoo auction with a real one in a lot. So i decided I need to paint one. Im also a collector of Surefire Flashlights. In a flashlight forum, someone dyed a polymer yellow light into rescue orange (a color that Surefire does NOT make) it came out really well. So I decided to test it. Here are the results. I used a loose G1 ultramagnus as the donor for the missing parts. ramps large fists gun small fists (came from 25th anniversary prime) white cab chest planre thingy trailer hitch helmet as you can see the gun, ramps, fists, and head all came out black. again this is NOT paint. the parts are dyed this color. of course if you cut or sand far enough you will reach white plastic again. but this method does NOT scratch off like paint does. Same with the blue parts on the cab. That was all once a white ultramagnus cab I will try dyeing the diecast parts as I noticed that some parts like the head and helmet have paint and the dye does affect the paint a little bit As you can see the helmet did not take to dyeing very well. The problem with this method is that it only works for making light colors dark. But the results are pretty good. Look at the chest thingy it used to be that teal blue color. now it looks pretty darn close to the trailer dark blue.