DX9 Toys War in Pocket X16 (Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 4, 2016.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    DX9 wins over IF for me, no contest. The IF one looks...like a dwarf in comparison is how I would explain it. Stubby, chubby, big hand proportions. And twice the price I hear? LOL, IF. Get outta here with that nonsense.

2. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    and from one of the video reviews I saw, the fist is removeable once it's off the stand, so it looks less like an arm hanging off the plane.

I'm not going to get into any DX9 vs IF arguments since I'm buying both, but let's just say they both have pretty significant negative aspects. Thankfully they are overwhelmed by the positive aspects.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ya, you can sell figures cheap when you have crappy articulation and don't include any accessories or bonus parts to make a clear Ghost Starscream.

4. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

Getting these guys is so much more efficient than gwtting six mp-11 moulds.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Begun the mini Seekers War has.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't care about any bonus junk to make the figure different, nor do I see any articulation lacking.

I'm GLAD to not pay extra for junk I don't want - not to mention I'm getting a better figure.

• Like Like x 2
  7. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grievlocke put it pretty well:

And just to clarify, you don't just get accessories, but by buying all three IF seekers, you get the parts needed to make a COMPLETE 4th figure.

Just something to take into account before you go ranting about prices when they're completely justified.

8. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    You're paying for a chunk of Ghost Starscream with each of their seekers, so you're kinda screwed if you have no interest in a translucent version of a figure you already have.

I don't like paying for shit I don't want though, but that's cool people have options. Options with big hands and small heads haha.

9. calubin175

I need to know how these guys scale with OS MB and MFT Combiner Wars Legends.

I know that they are taller than CW Powerglide, but are they the same height as Machine Boy Powerglide?

Maybe DX9 Soundwave is going for the same scale as MechFansToys to avoid them from being KOed.

10. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ranting about prices? Lol, whatever. I'm sorry you're so offended that I prefer dx9 and say so in its own thread. Touchy much?

• Like Like x 1
  11. calubin175

These guys will go well with GT-5 Leaders Optimus and Megatron.

All of them use the MP-10/11 aesthetics, with Tyrant being more like Apollyon and of course Mightron being Mightron.

12. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

My only beef with these guys is the fact that the torsos are a bit long for the length of the legs. I have no use for the IF versions (in regards to style and price), and I'll definitely be getting these, but the proportions are off just a bit. I may end up leaving these as jets and using my Revoltech seekers as the bot-modes.

13. FredVIII

FredVIII HUMAN GERM!

News Credits:
    Agreed about the proportions looking a tad off in robot mode. (Seems like the torso is slightly over-long to accommodate the cockpit.) From some angles/poses it doesn't appear as noticeable, so I'm hoping it might not be as apparent in-hand. But that, along with the air-intakes not quite matching the painted chest (at least in pics), and the small-ish hands (don't hate me NOVC!), are my only nit-picks. Still can't wait to get my hands on this guy!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

All of your other points were good, but IMO 5mm hands look absurd at this scale. They look incredibly out of place on a lot of the figures. Like the original hands fell off and someone Frankensteined someone else's hands on there.

Meh. And if you have no interest in those extras, you're paying for crap you don't want. I'm all for making that stuff available, but the extras don't always justify the higher price for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  15. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Iron Factory have always typically gone heavy on the accessories. So it's no surprise that they're doing this.

DX9 typically trump IF in build quality (only just) and how they feel in hand in my experience and I have all unique legends figures from their respective lines.

What to do here?

DX9 is offering the G1 purist set whereas Iron Factory is offering the IDW style set with some extra goodness.

I think I myself will grab the IF Starscream only and the rest of the DX9 seekers (including their Starscream) especially having seen how the IF version is a tad squat.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why are people squabbling? Seriously?! What are we, Masterpiece collectors? I collect Iron Factory AND DX9. And Shapeshift, and Unique Toys, and ANYONE else that is willing to throw me a bone in the Legends scale. 3P is lucky to be doing anything that ISN'T MP scale, and here y'all are griping about added extras, hand sizes and the cheapest prices for any 3P figures you're going to find.

Don't call it "Junk" or "Crap". That's just you being little and petty. They are options. The DX9 and IF Seekers are so incredibly different they they can both coexist. Belittling one anothers choices helps no one.

• Like Like x 9
  17. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It's that zealot mentality you see on these boards from time to time.

'My opinion is law and anyone with a differing opinion must burn for their sins.'

I plan to dabble with both offerings. Legends are impressing me more than any other line right now.

18. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are referring to my comment or not, but to clarify, my use of the word crap wasn't meant to suggest the items themselves were cheaply made or junk. It was just another word for "stuff". It's how I talk. And even if your comment wasn't directed at me, name calling while being all preachy is a little contradictory, dontcha think?

19. thepalehunter

thepalehunter Only Crom can judge me

DX9's War In Pocket stuff looks great - the comparisons to IF seem strange as they're derived from different TF universes. They're supposed to look different, right?

I'm getting the IF seekers because I love how they look, love the accessories and bonuses, and because I've got a lot of options in other scales for G1 style figures. I'm very tempted by DX9's offering however, and I'd be happy to own either line. If only I had the shelf space...

20. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Pretty much this exactly. Same scale, so I do get the comparisons, but the sources are different. Going for completely different looks. Both look great.