DX9 Toys - D08 MIGHTRON Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  2. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    fantastic review dude :) 

3. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

Love the face sculpt and the collapsable cannon, but that's about it. Despotron is the Megs to beat, now who wants to buy my Apollyon, he stands better than Ben's.

4. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Great review,and also learned some new things like he does have a waist swivel and his arm cannon can extend.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Prime/Meg/Bee/SS completist

News Credits:
    Great transformation, looks tighter than Apollyon's.

6. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Nice job on the review :thumb 

7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Possibly a manchildren...maybe?

News Credits:
    Yes... that intro music sounded like I was about to learn about all the dangerous side effects that may occur after purchasing Mightron while a montage played out showing a group of young women "living life their way."

All that clever design work and no waist swivel? Dafug, DX9?

8. Vatsnik

Vatsnik товарищ Vatsnik

I really respect those who can edit video and make a review, just like you did.. Liked your video in general.

But i must admit that I didn't like the way you strugle with the transformation sequence. (Besides, you placed the trigger ring in a wrong place).

Personally, I would like to see if you can achieve the way Wotafa makes his reviews. The way he transforms and guides everyone step by step was a factor that won me over when picking my MP Megatron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzR5IdJmdEQ

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Everyday is Rusev Day TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Wotafa does great videos. I'm glad they're out there for people to watch.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great review as always. Definitely looks more toon accurate than Apollyon, but those legs are still killing this one for me. The calves in particular just need to be more... bulky.

12. Chaddicus

How about we not tell the veteran reviewers to be more like other reviewers? If they were all alike, then what is the point in watching multiple reviews? Ben has his style and it's gotten him pretty far to this point, so I think he knows what he's doing.

13. BAD187

BAD187 Mark of the Wolf

It's not about style, everyone has a different style. It's about using the time you use ij the most efficient way possible, and that is one thing no reviewer does as well as wotafa, the guy is the god when it comes to editing transformations while still showing all the problem areas where you need to be careful.

Others do other things well, like making comparisons with other TV's, doing cool poses etc. If there is one thing that a lot of (veteran) to reviewers do wrong it's that they are not as good with their editing as they could be and certain stuff that can be handled faster takes too long. Some critique even for pros is all good.

Guys like peaugh already make great reviews, but there is always room for improvement if they so wish to do. In fact a lot of reviewers are getting better with editing so we see more of the cool stuff and less of the hands in the way of the cool toy struggling for minutes. Haven't watched their older vids in a while but I think some reviewers like Kuma are already doing much better editing than what they used to do before. The latter for instance shows almost nothing but the good stuff with minimal amounts of time being wasted.

In short you don't need to tell reviewers how to review, but there's nothing wrong with giving tips, especially if the tip is good.

Edit: Just as I give props to wotafa the guy makes a 44 minute vid where he isn't really editing anything...smh. I'm 6 minutes in so who knows....

14. Chaddicus

Yeah, 44 minutes ? This is why Peaugh is my go to guy. 20 minutes or less is all
    I can sit for. Who has time to watch 44 minutes for a toy review? Give me the general look, transformation and some comparison shots. I just need a general overall breakdown, nothing more nothing less.

15. Kuma Style

News Credits:
  16. BAD187

BAD187 Mark of the Wolf

Where is guile?

Edit: review was 20 mins but almost half of it was for the transformation. Not a bad review, but I've seen much better ones from you. More comparison shots and poses would have been nicer, perhaps some editing for the transformation. It's your review, so do as you will, just a tip.

Also it's not that great of a megs and already seen reviews for it. Maybe that's part of it, hope we get some reviews soon for despotron.

17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    - What would you have edited about the Transformation? I'm not seeing wasted time there. If the transformation were cut, your post would be asking for the transformation.

- About done with comparisons outside of brands/factions (IE; a new Warbot is released so showing with the rest of them.) Like with transformations or not showing them above, there's no winning. There's always going to be a product that I may or may not own that wasn't shown that people will have really wish the product was compared to. After about the 20th comment wishing a given classics toy was compared to MP10 I introduced a ruler so that people can have the height and know how said item compares to whatever they see fit.

- 15 minutes isn't 20.

Edit: Pressed send instead of preview; Critiques are always welcome and appreciated, but I do engage in discussion about them if need as I feel anyone who's trying to improve should.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  18. BAD187

BAD187 Mark of the Wolf

I love to exaggerate, it wasn't bad or too time consuming. It's just that for the amount of time the video took, the transformation was a large part of it.

19. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    That's blatant, however that quality isn't something that leads to actual, constructive criticism. If you have any further, just PM me.

20. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay: