DX9 Toys D06 Carry - Studio OX Inspired Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by The Crow, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok thanks.
    Yeah I was also goinga ask how secure it was in either mode?

2. Tecrom Designs

Tecrom Designs Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  3. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Finally got this guy, and damn he's impressive. I wish he had a proper weapon tho, instead of that... thing... that he comes with.

Are there any good replacement weapons i can get for this guy?

4. Cyberrabbits

Cyberrabbits Well-Known Member

5. Barachiel

Barachiel Throttlebot

Ebay:
    Technically, yes, but to keep it from popping off on it's own you have to leave the canopy unfolded on his backback which looks *really* weird, imo. If you want to maintain the silhouette, you have to take it off and tuck it away in the folds of the backpack (which it's designed to do surprisingly seamlessly).

6. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

There is an alternate handle which slots onto the head of the target master and lets you make it look more like the G1 style one, as below. I've also had one of the G1 style guns, I got a white one and so far have only added a gunmetal base to it, needs some detailing before its finished. I like both.

Edit: this is the link for the handle below, also by T2RX6
    DX9 Carry/Terror Alternate Target Master Handle by T2RX6 on Shapeways

[​IMG]

7. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

DX9 Toys D06 Carry - Studio OX Inspired Rodimus Prime
    Look at post #2222 from Dr. Killinger. IMO the best weapon you can get for Carry is simply MP-09's photon eliminator. The Shapeways one is simply no substitute.

8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is a solid durable, screen accurate rifle. I got one of these in black for Carry and one in purple for Terror.
    TF DX9 Carry Gun by VF5SS on Shapeways
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, the better looking purple scyth for terror that normally comes with Dx9's MP Megatron is also available by itself on Ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I'm not really digging the shapeways rifle, plus I'm unfamiliar with shapeways. Hows the plastic quality like? Do i have to do my own sanding to get a smooth finish?

And...Any way i can get my hands on that mp09 rifle, short of actually hunting down and getting a mp09??

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I've used shapeways many times before. In fact I just received an adapter from there that allows me to keep Contact Shot's targetmaster pegged onto the roof in car mode. It was designed by autotronprime of ATP designs.
    I have both the black and purple Shapeways Carry/Terror guns and the quality is excellent. They fit nice and snug in Carry/Terror's hands.

You should be able to find MP09's gun loose/used on ebay. I have this as well but it doesn't fit as securely as the shapeways guns.

11. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

Okay, I got the Reprolabels set. Pretty happy with the stickers, but don't care for the spoiler at all. Anyone interested for $10 shipped anywhere in the US? PM me if so.

12. Eurobeatking

News Credits:
    LOL,Im not interested in the stickers,but I bought a set for the spoiler and another member here bought the stickers off me,which Im still waiting on. Just funny with the timing and all.

13. Gaudreau

Gaudreau Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    The shapeways gun is awesome. Plastic quality is good and he makes my Rodimus (Carry) shine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Eurobeatking

News Credits:
    So just got my spoiler,did anyone elses look a lil warped out of the package? Looks so much nicer in the picture then in person,like its a nice polish sheen look. Havent put it on yet but easy install right?

15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Is it the spoiler from Toyhax/Reprolabels or from Shapeways?

16. Eurobeatking

News Credits:
    Toyhax

17. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Hey guys -

I just picked up one of these new. The ankle flaps that come out of the foot are super tight, and on one foot, there is actually a small break in that piece. It's around the main pin (first "flip out" point) on one side.

I am guessing it broke at the first transformation as there was almost no give in that thing and it was super, super tight.

I don't know that I want to make a call to my retailer as it is still a super minor break, but is there a way I can reinforce it a bit? I am thinking about a couple dabs of gorilla glue, which ought to handle it. Since its only on one side of the pin, there's no danger (yet) of the ankle flap coming off entirely.

18. Eurobeatking

News Credits:
    Got my Toyhax spoiler attached,took some finessing but its on now. Looks good,but I might put some future on it to make it give it a nice finish.

19. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I snagged Carry during the last eBay flash sale. Working on a few little tweaks while awaiting my Reprolabels etc. Mainly---repainting the eyes (dull aqua doesn't look right) and repainting the "upper" chest flames. (because the lower hood-flame is yellow, but the upper hood-flames are rather orange...) (also, with enough paint, it sorta "fills in" the depressions, and it'll look slightly less obvious that some flames are engraved, while the main part isn't...)

20. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does Terror come with a extra face accessory? Can someone help bc I have a silver face part in my instruction booklet & want to know if that is part of the set.