DX9 D12 Gabriel (not Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 28, 2017.

1. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crap. I’d be pissed too if I got those lemons. Of course if you post those mp4s in the TG thread guaranteed the FT fanboys will shout it down.

2. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    About the same as going into a takara thread.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NecronomiCon

NecronomiCon Law-Bot

News Credits:
    I think DX9 is taller to the top of its head, but slightly shorter when it comes to the height of the top of the wings.

4. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

This man gets it.

I just tell it like it is. I have no horse in this race and am not buying FT's Omega, so there is no emotional bias or rushing to the defense of FT the way you're getting so defensive about other third parties, presumably, MMC.

Look, it's just the nature of the beast, the pecking order in the MP world is as follows, based on sales and popularity; TT----->FT---->Everything else! When TT drops a figure the markets are flooded with FT and other representations of the character TT has released, same with FT when they release their products, only to a much lesser extent. It's just the way it is, it's not a case of whether I like them or not. It seems that you are the one with the insecurities about the companies you buy from, mate.

And that $70 is the only current advantage they have over FT at this point in time, I frankly don't even think it's that much of advantage at this point in time, that and the fact that their product was an all in one product. FT's product is already out, both parts, so there goes one of their advantages, being the first to release goes a long way in this MP game as most would agree, again reputation goes a long way, oh, and FT also lowered their prices as well so..... Coupled with odds stacked against them in such fashion, I highly doubt that that $70 is going to really give them any kind of edge, the good will and other factors I just mentioned will erode it. One or two fans like yourself might bite because of it but most will be satisfied well before DX-9 releases them their figure, thus making DX-9 the losers in this battle with the fans coming out on top, FT second and DX-9, last. A silly miscalculated move on their behalf if you ask me.

I've never slagged of DX-9 for making shoddy quality products, in fact I've always said that it was only the aesthetics which were holding them back, so don't know why you brought this up!?

They will all say; this is my --->character name<------ when a third party figure comes out....

............until TT drops theirs, course!

:lol 

You are the exception not the norm!

:D 

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. keef

keef You stepped on my toes

I think perhaps you overestimate how important it is to be the first to release something. Plenty of past releases have been very successful without being first to the plate. Also, there may be more people than you think that chose to pass on FT's after the reveal of Gabriel, or wasn't going to buy an MP Omega at all till DX9 entered the ring.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think retailers have stated that first to market actually does make a significant difference. Unless of course there's a significant time gap between products.

7. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

It is common sense really.

8. keef

I guess I lack common sense then, because I chose to wait for the better looking MP Omega.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    At no point did I call you a fanboy. And I wasn't being defensive of any company at all in my previous comment, certainly not my own, not sure how you jumped to that conclusion.

Many FT fans have a history now of being hyper aggressive, of rooting a belief in a presumption that FT "always wins" as it were. That every competition between them and other companies is always conclusive before its over and I find this attitude to be silly at best, yes, despite their track record of high success. I am not ignoring that success, obviously they are very popular. But I do find that popularity often blinds many people to actual reality. Not every FT release is some smash hit ultra success, not every FT release outsells its competition. The same can be said for Takara 's products as well.

Regardless of your personal interest in specifically Giganticus or Gabriel or neither your comment still came from the same place of "FT will win because its FT" when as time passes we're seeing FT dominate less of the market just as Takara dominates less of the market. Every company is always improving and as they get better FT will lose more, Takara will lose more. This is an inevitability. To say they won't be facing more intense competition over time would simply be foolish. Of course they will. Gabriel has a very strong chance of outselling Giganticus. You may disagree, and that's fine, but I think its best to not presume an outcome at this stage.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

This definitely looks better than the FTs version and I have all the Dibots, which I really like besides Sludge's alt mode. I just hope it's good enough QC wise and its out before Xmas so I can add it to my Christmas list.

11. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Between the lower price, and the issues some are having with the backpacks on their TG, if I get an OS (and every day I inch closer to that decision), I'll be going with DX9. But I still want to see how it turns out before I plunk down that much money on a figure.

12. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Unless Gabriel is absolutely incredible, this project will significantly hurt DX9. To make a bot that is this big would have cost a lot in the most important resources that a 3P has, costs (tooling, raw materials production), development time, and manufacturing allocation.

There are a number of DX9 fans who will buy this no matter what, but FT did get to market first and many, if not most, consider FT quality and aesthetics superior to DX9. I have seen projects such as this bankrupt small companies. DX9 will be hard pressed to recoup their expenditures.

• Like Like x 3
  13. keef

Let's be realistic though, Terminus probably would have automatically sold better just because it has the FT name. I've actually been a bigger fan of the majority of FT's stuff than DX9, but I care nothing of any sort of brand loyalty and will buy the one I like most.

• Like Like x 5
  14. PurceyGrenade

PurceyGrenade Member

I'm probably an exception but I plan to double-dip. I will grab DX-9 Gabriel for my main Omega and get the FT blue repaint.

I think the FT version has a much chubbier look to him and this really does seem to fit my memory of the Guardian robot better.

15. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Brand loyalty is just one more factor. Gabriel most likely is going to hurt DX9 in a big way. They are going to need to pull a peto rabbit out of their hat to keep this from being a total disaster for them.

16. keef

Lol, petro rabbit. I think they'll be just fine though. They have many advantages over FT imo such as the more articulated head, more accurate face sculpt, knees that don't look like Pac-Man, torso that doesn't look so flat, waist swivel instead of a crotch swivel, better looking connection at the thighs, cheaper, etc. I'm all in for this one barring any big issues.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saying that Gabriel will be a disaster for Dx9 is reaching reeeaaallll far. No way to know for sure at this point, but something tells me that a market that supported 300 Devastators without directly resulting in any 3P company casualties can handle two Omegas without destroying either company, even if one is a clear winner as far as sales. Richtophen also appears to have been the catalyst for Dx9 getting a lot more "MP cred" (coining that now btw), so this could be a LOT more popular than some people would consider possible. Should be a hell of a heavyweight matchup though!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Formerfan

Formerfan Well-Known Member

Or maybe being $80 less IS their petro rabbit. Many people are just waiting for reviews to come in before committing that much $. If Gabriel ends up getting solid reviews, the burden will then be on Fanstoys to explain why customers should pay $80 more for a product that looks about 5% different and is in some ways worse.

19. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

I'm gladly waiting for dx9s to drop. I have and love some FT stuff but if I want a giant puzzle, I've already got g1 os. Dx9 has proven their transforming schemes to be fun and original time and time again. That's what I want from OS and they're the only ones bringing that. FTs looks like a lot of work, costs more, still has problems, and isn't nearly as pleasing to the eye (IMO of course).

• Like Like x 1
  20. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

It's not that really. I do also think DX's look better.

It's simply the fact that DX took too long to put this out. In the end, I'm an adult, and I can wait, just like you. The point being talked about here is simply how weird of a decision was to simply announce it, had FT cut their price, get all that momentum for nothing really.

It doesn't bode well for future DX big projects if this doesn't sell very well, like the FT one did.

To me , it's not about FT being better, hell, their big monster truck willy is laughable at best, and that qwakewave? lol@ qwakewave indeed!

I only now own their Dinos, Skyfire and Omega. IMO their best releases. Might get their Kup only if I pay less than $50. And full disclaimer here, if TT releases their own versions, to eBay they all go.

Nothing else they have out there I consider "definitive".

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017