DX9 D12 Gabriel (not Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 28, 2017.

1. engrpedro

engrpedro Well-Known Member

Yes it is!

Sorry, soaked it with what?

• Like Like x 1
  2. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well this is interesting...:D :eek: :rolleyes: 

3. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:
    There’s a reason that shit below is in my sig...

Eddie straight up is a TCB kinda guy. He’ll jump thru hoops to make sure you are happy. Jack doing the reviews is no BS / honest opinions. Can’t go wrong putting your business in their hands.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Silicon lubricant.

5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What's TCB mean?

6. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Takin care of business

• Like Like x 1
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    That Voltron is HUGE!

8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I believe the outer box and figure were in good shape but some issue came up where the packaging process was compromised and the styrofoam was exposed to humidity and soaked it up. Higher density styrofoams with better sealing will wick moisture away but the kind used in these boxes is simply for bulk protection and can soak it up and then release it as it did here.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or does Toy Dojo have the best service out of all the NA retailers?

• Like Like x 1
  10. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    48117157-56AE-4D6A-B862-6922D315F3BD.jpeg 6C18937E-7126-4BCC-8C28-A87CD506AFC7.jpeg So just an update. I soaked the shoulder joint and it is perfect!! Silicon spray ftw. I have to do the left leg joint. One disappointing thing is I have black scuff marks on the inside of the left leg. Looks like the silver paint got scratched up too. Not sure how that happened. Any suggestions on whether or not the black scuffs can be rubbed away?

Edit update: ok did the legs at the joint as per the previous suggestion and now everything is moving just perfect!! So happy now.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  11. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Sorry, late at night and misread it. Sabotage was being talked about previously, so I jumped the gun there.
    Still, I agree with @TigerBlade - I don't think price was the issue. They had more than enough time after the FansToys release to sort out any QC and design issues.
    I will say that I don't think the water is the only problem. Clearly, they haven't got all the screws and alignment and such measured out perfectly either. Whether that's a factory error or a problem on the design end, I couldn't say, but it's entirely possible it's a design problem.
    It wasn't really an issue. They just made it one, and doubly so now that they tried to fix the non-issue.
    And a correction, now that people have it in hand: it's that the peg is too small now, so it doesn't tab in at all.
    I appreciate all your effort that went into this but... no one should have to do this, DX9.
    Eddie seems like a solid guy but I have to disagree with him on this. The figures inside have been wet even without damaged styrofoam, and at least one person even had water inside the bag for the extra face. There's no way leaving the box in the rain would get it wet on the inside more than on the outside. That makes no sense.
    That's presuming you weren't being completely serious, which is impossible for people to ever know for sure at first glance. The fact is that your statistics were completely inaccurate, period.
    Also, unlike some threads, the "sky is falling" posts have been somewhat minimal here - most people are expressing concern and trying to work through the issues. Only a few people are actually screaming about Gabriel being the end of the world.
    One or two? I've been reading every post in this thread since Gabriel was first seen in-hand (and even a bit before that), and it's certainly a lot more than one or two.
    Yes, broken screws could be because of a quality control issue, but my point is that as a designer, you need to reduce the margin for error as much as possible, so using bigger screws would have been helpful for a start. On top of that, we've seen that joints are actually misaligned because of moulding issues (again, potentially QC but more likely an issue with the steel moulds, therefore affecting all figures, but people would only know for sure if they opened theirs up). The paint-chipping issues have been very common. Seized and/or overly-tight joints are common too.
    Now you're putting words in my mouth. I'm not angry. I'm disappointed. I'm even still considering getting Gabriel. I don't want anyone to be "harder" on DX9 - I just think people need to stop excusing them and/or acting like the people reporting legitimate issues are just in the minority, as if DX9 aren't the ones at fault here but just that the many bad QC reports are just the margin of error.
    So far, it's not just early Chinese shipments with the problems either. And sure, not every single copy has been bad, but there have been a large amount of them so far. Out of everyone who has received them at this point, it at least appears that more people than not have problems with their Gabriel. It has been at least a couple of weeks now so there should already be a decent amount of Gabriels out in the wild.

And I get that you, as someone who purchased Gabriel, very much wants it to turn out well, but blatantly ignoring the fact that a not-insignificant number of people have had issues so far is just silly.
    There was at least one person (maybe two, I don't remember) who signed up to TFW just to talk about their QC issues with Gabriel, and other people who rarely/never post who have come into the thread to talk about their QC issues too. That rarely seems to happen with most figures.
    As someone who has never ordered from ToyDojo, I'm still familiar with their rep. I rarely hear anything bad about them, and when I do, it's usually people whining for the sake of whining. Eddie appears to be a very reputable guy with whom it's worth doing business.
    Should be easy to clean off with cotton buds/q-tips and some rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol (preferably 99% or 100%). My local chemists sell isopropyl alcohol but I'm not sure about other countries. Just don't get the 50% or 70% stuff or whatever the lower number is, because it'll take ages to clean that stuff off. Oh, and be careful because it can run quite easily, so don't get it on the parts you want to keep paint on else it'll eat away at that paint.

• Like Like x 2
  12. cultofkraken

cultofkraken Cybertronian Metalhead

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thank you! I’ll be careful. Luckily that scuff appears to just be on grey plastic. That should be the last issue to fix. Pretty damn happy that my issues seemed rather minor. Hope that this was just part of a first run issue and the next wave will be better for everyone. I’m still satisfied because he still looks great on my shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  13. keef

keef You stepped on my toes

If that doesn't work for you, I'd try a buffing compound such as this: Turtle Wax Premium Rubbing Compound
    I've used it many times with no ill side-effects to plastic, and that one bottle should last a very long time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nice post jream. I got that feeling too when I got the email from Eddie. It's my first transaction with Toydojo and I am sure it will be superb!

15. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Geeeeewun!
    620A0C41-CF38-44F7-8999-DDC34ABD1DB7.jpeg

• Like Like x 21
  16. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Mind me asking what you soaked them in? Thanks man for the post

17. Quelargo

Quelargo Member

Epoxy fixed the elbow and opened up all the joints and painted them with shock oil. I finally feel like it is the figure I paid for now. This is more work than I've ever put into any toy I've bought. Mixed feelings of satisfaction co-mingled with the disappointment that I had to do this to make it a good figure.

18. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

Dx9 should pay you a portion of their profits for your hard work.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

i am surprised there haven't been new reviews up from anyone since release. someone should really do a new box opening and a complete review fromther and detail any problems present for all to see.

• Like Like x 1
  20. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

So, now that this has been out for a while and some of the QC issues are known, do we think that Dx9 will address any of them soon? Particularly the scratched front panel, as that one seems to be fairly common.