DX9 D12 Gabriel (not Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 28, 2017.

1. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    That chest square's a real issue. I can't imagine why it would be flaking, chipping and cracking so easily and soon. It's a no-stress area, so I can only guess that moisture or moulding oil/grease was present in the recessed area when the paint was applied. Or some sort of crazy chemical reaction between the paint and plastic, but that seems a little far-fetched.

It's not even an easy fix with a sticker, either. Whatever is causing that paint to have these issues, is probably going to cause it as long as it's (the paint or the problem causer beneath it) there.

I'm really shocked to see an issue like this with a DX9 product. Granted my personal experience with them is entirely with their legends line, but I've never heard of their MPs having problems like this.

2. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

This is most definitely Dx9’s fault.

• Like Like x 2
  3. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes I understand this but they cannot be their 24/7, at the end of the day I'd say the responsibility lies more with the person in charge of the factory to make sure they are doing a proper job for their client of whom they have a contract with.

4. Shunwei

Their Hanzo had a consistent and noted series of issues as well. Check their thread.

• Like Like x 1
  5. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I ordered mine and I got a response from toydojo that they would be happy to inspect mine before shipping him to me. They told me they are about 1-3 weeks from getting theirs in.

6. PlatypusRhyme

PlatypusRhyme Well-Known Member

If someone gets jream the measurements of that yellow box area he said he may be able to make a logo for it. I imagine it could feasibly cover that yellow box and thus the problem but I don't know for sure what he has in mind.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shunwei

I didn’t buy one precisely because I didn’t want to spin the QC wheel. There were given issues like the grill, loose elbows, that were basically a guarantee. The green version seemed better but by then I didn’t trust them enough to risk 150.

8. keef

keef Cesium salami

Even if mine ends up being perfect I still want that jream logo. Someone give the guy those measurements, please!

• Like Like x 1
  9. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I am really looking forward to getting Gabe. While I like TG on some aspects, I am truly disappointed with how the backpack was designed. It makes him super top heavy and I have to constantly hold his backpack down while I move his arms in certain poses or it will pop out of place. That is just incredibly annoying. Perhaps I am being picky, but for the price I paid for him I think my gripe is legit. Gabe is a little more plain, but from what I have seen on this thread I like how sturdy he is. It's a better design overall. Now I will have to decide what to do with TG and the three TG blue sentinels I have. That just sucks and it teaches me a lesson to not do that ever again. I mean, yea they look cool, but that damn backpack really pisses me off and so I give FT an F in their design. They should have made him more bottom heavy and instead they did the reverse and did a very poor job in how the backpack latches on. Truly horrible. It almost makes me want to drill a few holes into it and secure it down with screws! JK. I'll sell them before I do something like that. Oh well. That is what happens when you collect expensive toys. I think the novelty of owning an army of 3 sentinels has subsided so I think if I like Gabe more I'll sell the others, get some cash back and get ONE blue version of DX9 when he is released. Three is just overkill. Yikes!! :eek: :( 

IMG_0048.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  10. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Got mine today. I was fearing the worst because I have terrible luck with QC issues, but he’s better than I expected so far. Paint is good except some of the paint details on the inside of his legs got scratched in shipping. But at least it’s a less noticeable area. The red paint on his chest is not perfect if you stare at it with light shining on it from a certain angle, but under normal viewing it’s fine. Not bubbling on mine. The red clear part on his upper chest has faint scratches if you look from certain angles. I think I’m ok with it but if I asked for a replacement part it would be that one. My ratchets appear to be ok so far and I noticed some of them have been lubed. Some are very loud when you click them and it freaks me out because it sounds like they’re going to break. So far they haven’t though. I have not transformed him yet. I want to wait a few days to make sure he’s good and warm. It’s still below freezing here. Oh and the arms were both wet like most peoples. They dried immediately after opening the box. The claw arm light worked out of the box but the gun arm light does not work. I assume the batteries are dead as some have discovered. I don’t like light up features so that’s a non issue for me.

The art on the box is really nice but I’m pretty sure the box got wet at some point. The cardboard is really soft and floppy. Also the styrofoam that supports his legs is way too thin and it was destroyed during shipping which is most likely what caused the inner leg paint to get scratched. There were small bits of styrofoam everywhere in the box and I’m still finding foam balls all over the figure. So the packaging is not great and I normally keep all of it but will most likely throw it out. Mostly because it’s massive! My kids wanted their picture taken with the box!!!

So overall I would recommend the figure and I think it looks amazing in person! Fits in very well with my Masterpiece collection. And it’s so huge! It’s my first titan class figure. Carrying it around the house feels like holding a toddler! There may be a few QC issues but for me nothing catastrophic so far. I’m actually an extremely picky guy so some of my criticism may not apply to everyone. It’s my first DX9 purchase and I’m not sure how it compares to their other releases. My biggest issue with the figure are those insanely tight ramps on the rocket arms. Way too hard to pull out without a tool on mine. I may try to file the ramp a bit to see if that helps. Cheers!

• Like Like x 7
  11. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sweet deal. Good luck. Hope to have mine soon too

12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I'm thinking Gabe as Omega and TG as Guardians as it's slightly taller. Just alot of coin dropping on 3 lol

I'd probably paint up one as a dark Guardian and leave the other two stock.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been drooling over this ever since this was first announced. It figures that business has been slow for me of late, which sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I know that feeling. Dammit, I need more money already so I can buy more toys (and Gabriel)!

15. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

For the chest area, use a damp cloth to wipe it down. it turns out to be fingerprints on mine. i don't have bubbling issues or paint inconsistency issues.

16. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

The Omega Supreme toy wars. One of the more difficult choices to make in Third Party land. Went with Terminus Giganticus in the end but would have been equally as happy with Gabriel looking at the photo's on this thread.

• Like Like x 3
  17. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Totally agree!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Both are really good, and it comes down to nitpicking and personal choice. I'm just loving that we have these options and these great figures, it it was up to Has/Tak, my MP collection would be no where near as close as it is to feeling complete.
    I'm sure improved versions will come along later, but that just means I can pick and choose if I like one better or not. I won't have the need to fill the gap like I do now.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yea still undecided. It's a major money hit to take to sell them. Ouch! I'm sure I'll get Gabe and then be like damn TG just isn't up to par. I will have to weigh my options.

20. Fallen Jedi

Fallen Jedi Well-Known Member

I showed my wife Gabriel and the price and she did not flinch. Well maybe a nervous tick appeared on her face, but she did not respond. I am taking her total lack of reaction/interest as permission to buy. Think I am OK with that?

• Like Like x 1