DX9 D12 Gabriel (not Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 28, 2017.

1. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're notoriously slow. I hate it when tracking says, "RICHMOND, item has arrived...blah blah blah". Reddits full of threads of people blasting the slowness of anything that goes through Richmond.

2. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Yes. Those.

3. joshualukin

joshualukin Well-Known Member

I don't think they're incorrect as much as it is "that's the way it is now".

• Like Like x 2
  4. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I'd just like to know if they're easily removable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I believe for the cheaper shipping options (not EMS) the parcels are trucked across Canada. So there won’t be another scan until it arrives at the sorting facility closest to your location. For me once it escapes customs and released to Canada Post it says 1 to 12 business days for delivery and I believe that’s because it’s on a truck. I’m in Ontario so I’m not expecting it until next week. When I can I always ship EMS now from Japan cause it took me over a month to get MP Sunstreaker. My third party items from China are through Rub Deals and it’s free shipping but slow. I’m going to ask if I can upgrade the shipping next time.

6. Dangard Ace

News Credits:
    I don't mind them trucking it or sending it via CPRail but as far as I can tell our Gabriels are sitting in a warehouse in Richmond. Looking at a few of my previous intnl orders as soon as the items leaves Richmond they update the status to "In Transit" or "departed". Just knowing it's in transit makes the anticipation more bearable vs "WTF is CanPost doing?!" It hasn't left Richmond yet. Now if this arrived at Mississauga CanPost/Customs, as soon as it's cleared customs I'd have it in 48hrs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had something sit in Mississauga for a week recently.

8. Dangard Ace

News Credits:
    Personal or for your business? Personal I've not had to wait that long, except during the xmas rush. Business, I know some of the retailers I've talked to, had to wait too for some of their larger orders.

9. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Sorry I thought yours was in transit. Mine has been in transit for a while.

Actually I hadn’t checked the tracking for a while and I just checked it and it’s out for delivery!! So I should have it tonight. Mine was mailed by Show.Z in China on April 5th. Got to Richmond, BC on the 8th and got to Montreal on the 16th. Then Ottawa this morning. So around 12 days total trip and that’s actually pretty good for free shipping from China in my experience. I wasn’t expecting it until next week.

Fingers crossed for no QC issues. I’ve had terrible luck with QC on almost all of my Takara and 3rd party Masterpiece style figures. I actually bought a watch repair kit to help me swap replacement parts....

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hoffman

News Credits:
    Personal, a box from BBTS. It's definitely unusual, I agree that Mississauga is usually really quick.

11. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

Just got mine from TFdirect. Gabriel is flawless. So in love.

Chest plate has no scratches. No moisture. Huge box. Huge. Paint apps are perfect. Go get!!!

Arms and elbow joints all seem normal.

gabriel has a neck too! I love that. Did TG have a neck?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  12. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

^No problem.....

They are a very reliable seller and great to work with.....

13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's very annoying to see only one NA seller having this one in stock. Seems like we haven't had a major release for some time.

14. joshualukin

joshualukin Well-Known Member

It is a trial of patience but them's the brakes when you import from overseas.

15. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi I just got mine and was wondering if anyone else had qc issues with Gabriel? Mainly the front red chest that is painted with the yellow square has some bubbling,scratches and looks like uneven paint, also the clear red part above that has a ton of scratches. I've tried contacting dx9 with the email they have on FB to hopefully get some replacement parts, still no response(hope it is the right email), this kind of sucks because other than that the figure is awesome !!

Attached Files:

16. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

Seems like the paint wasn’t completely dry and then they packaged it. Perhaps you can get the tank portion replacement from Dx9. At this point unless your seller preopens your lot to check I’d say it is a crapshoot.

17. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

Perhaps general collector’s fatigue is settling in. A lot of the figures have been done and there are also a lot of variants from a lot of 3Ps. There is only so much butter to go around.

18. shadeozero

Ebay:
    I don't know if I need the whole tank again, I mean surely they can just send those 2 pieces if I can disassemble it via screws and swap them out, only exception I can see is if they were pinned in.

19. shadeozero

Ebay:
    UPDATE: So I was putting some insignias on dx9 Gabriel from Toyhax and Yea who ever painted or assembled mine in the factory definitely botched the job because now the paint on the yellow square is peeling off like that area wasn't even sealed or protected (if you had early badcube huff , then you know what im talking about). I hope I get a reply back because I can't return this overseas, I might even have to just repaint it myself and I hate painting yellow. -_-" 30707032_10160203310750591_1292513434990018560_n.jpg

NOTE: This isn't really DX9's fault, it is the QC from assembly/painting factory they have chosen to use and I hope in the future they avoid using that factory.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  20. Hoffman

News Credits:
    Oh now werew just excusing companies by blaming the factories? Yes, the factories make them, but the companies contract those factories, and are responsible for checking up on quality.

• Like Like x 2