DX9 D12 Gabriel (not Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 28, 2017.

1. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

Even a head taller than OS is a major challenge. Including his wings OS is the heaviest, tallest, and largest transformer to date. What’s the limit that people are aiming for now?

2. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

I think for me personally, maybe 1.5 times the size of DX9/FT Omega roughly. B. Skullface put up a video about this very thing not long ago.

It would probably be released in 2-3 parts though, hehe..

Edit: I don't mean to have the actual video here, I just wanted to post the link, don't know how to have "just" the link text, sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

I saw that video too. So for you, it would mean something like 3 ft tall then. That’s awfully big. Wonder what the cost would be for something like that.

4. Knight Prime

Knight Prime Well-Known Member

5 ft tall is a good size, my opinion.

5. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

Buy all at once, or released in parts (maybe 3-4)?

6. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Yes, then I could put a wig on it and tell people it is my wife.

• Like Like x 7
  7. hellex

hellex Well-Known Member

Skullface is secretly a HeadMaster!!!. We'll probably get an appropriately sized Citibot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

Thank you for the side-by-side pictures. Do you also have some with both in base mode?

It gets really hard for me to decide which one of the two I should add to my collection. I think Gabriel looks slightly better in bot mode overall, but I prefer TG's claw articulation and shorter laser as well as his height. In base mode I really like the tracks on TG and his tank mode looks nicer (more toon less toy), but the (almost) all-in-one transformation of Gabriel is ingenious.

9. omgitstraxx

omgitstraxx Rad Brobot

Cool, look forward the the pics! Still trying to figure out if i should get this guy.

10. locidm

locidm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn’t sure between the FT and Gabriel until I saw the FT one in person when I was traveling in Hong Kong. The thin side profile was a lot more glaring in person than in picture. Basically the FT one looked horrible in most angles except from directly in front of it.

11. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    TFW automatically embeds YouTube links. The only way to prevent that, to my knowledge, is to wrap them in code tags:
    Code:
    [code][/ code] <- without the space after "/", which I added just because the BBcode had a meltdown otherwise.
    In my opinion, that is insane. :p  People will be taking out a second mortgage just for citybots! :confused: 

12. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

So, DX9 must be aware of the QC issues now. Any chance they'll issue a fix for any of them?

My figure's not so bad... just a few little scratches on the front chest panel... but I might let my seller know just in case DX9 decides to issue a replacement part.

13. Phamduc

Phamduc Well-Known Member

For now you can keep contact with your seller and see if they can contact with DX9 customer service. Just don't get your hope high

14. Phamduc

Some TG fanboys are truly ridiculous.
    "OMG LOOK AT THESE HOLLOW ASS OFFICIAL TOYS! NOTHING INSIDE , SO FRAGILE AND HORRIBLY LOOKING ! SHAMEFUL TO BE A TRANSFORMERS TOYS! YOU CALL THIS MASTERPIECE??"
    and then
    "Oh come on , TG knee is not that bad , at least it looks better than your bland Gabriel."

• Like Like x 4
  15. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    10% off a hair dryer, maybe?

In all seriousness, I'm not so sure. I just hope we get replacement screws (or that someone can measure them so we can source them ourselves) for those screws that are broken or break easily.
    Gabriel has knee pistons. CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS.

16. Phamduc

It's those mini screws you often find on some takara toys also, I'm not so sure about what exact are those but I remember dismantled lots of toys and lots of them have those small screws.
    oh and
    Gabriel doesn't lean back DOUBLE CHECKMATE

• Like Like x 1
  17. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah but they all have different sizes of threads, unfortunately. I have a cousin who does automotive work and he has a tool to measure screw sizes. I assume you can get one for smaller screws too but I'll have to look into it. If I find something that can do the job, I'll report back (and/or measure them myself whenever I end up being able to get Gabriel).

Also, Gabriel comes hydrated for free. Gabriel, covered in one of Earth's most plentiful resources, for free. There's the hat trick for you.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Phamduc

also , hardened by the cold , tested by the heat , comes with tight joint require ultra finesse and tinker skill. Learning needed skills to respect the toy. MAD CHAD

• Like Like x 2
  19. Knight Prime

Knight Prime Well-Known Member

You're missing the point. Someone said 1.5 times, so that would put it at around 33 inches tall, nearly 3 ft. I'm not gonna put something like that on top of anything, nor do I have tbe space to do so. 3 ft tall from the ground would look weird, but 5 ft would look substantial ans hold it's own on the ground. Release in 5 parts at $200 a piece.

20. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Which one do you like more? I think they are both great looking and each one has their plusses and minuses. I was thinking of getting Gabe as well. I have TG in my study and 3 blue sentinels so he would make a great addition to my army. The one for sure drawback to TG is that damn backpack is always popping off. I really hate that and I am sure there will not be a fix for that. IMG_0054.JPG

• Like Like x 5